Chapter seven

Nat and I walked into the Halloween store and were instantly bombarded with sound. Electronic Halloween decorations and people chatting made the place extremely loud. Nat looked like he was having fun though, so I didn't say anything. He skipped over to the couples costumes, and when I say skipped, I mean ACTUALLY skipped. I don't know how or where he learned to do that. I followed him and saw him looking at a devil-angel couple costume. "Those are for couples." He looked at me in confusion.
"Why did they make a costume of me?"
"It's not you specifically, it's a 'devil' costume."
"But it looks like me, and I'm called the devil sometimes."
"It's just a general thing that big companies make money on..."
"..." He looked back at the costume. "The way I'm being represented in your world is really upsetting...." I sighed, then I caught something out of the corner of my eye. "Oh crap." My schools main group of bullies were looking through the group costume section. "Hey Nat, we should go."
"Why? We just got here. And we haven't gotten a costume yet!"
"We can come back tomorrow-" I felt a hand land on my shoulder. "Hey Owen! You haven't been in school lately, who's this? Your boyfriend?" Turning around, I was face to face with Jake Carson. My ex-friend turned major bully. "No Jake, this is my friend Nat. And for your information I've been starting online courses."
"Aw come on man, you aren't scared of us are you?" I stayed silent, keeping my gaze to the floor. Jake yanked my head up by my hair, I hissed in pain.
"You better look at me while I'm talking to you, or did you forget what I can do to you?" A fist collided with his face and he stumbled back. Nat grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the store. We ran down a few blocks until we got to the park. He sat me down on a bench and kneeled in front of me. "Hey, are you okay? That guy seemed like a jerk." I nodded weakly. He gave me a reassuring smile and stood up. "Let's go home, we can get outfits later." Taking his hand, I gave him a smile back. "Yeah, when we get home, I'll make us some grilled cheese."
"YAY!"

Here's a little thing I did