Chapter 11

I walked into my first period, like normal, everyone was chatting before the teacher showed up. There was a pause when I walked in, but after a few whispers, people ignored me again. I went to the back of the class and sat down at my seat, Nat sitting beside me. "So my teacher for this class is Mr. Crowley...and he's kinda-" Before I could finish that sentence, the door was kicked down by the devil himself. Mr Crowley went straight to his plants that surrounded the room and began to water them while he took roll. "Hardy?"
"Here."
"Jackson?"
"Here."
"Vactan?"
"Here."
This continued until he had watered all of his plants, and everyone was accounted for. "Alright, today we're having a pop-quiz on the material you learned in lesson 5," He began to pass out papers. "Remember, no cheating. And you can do whatever you want as long as you're quiet once you're done." He walked up to my desk and eyed Nat suspiciously. "Who's this?"
"Uh- he's my friend. He was thinking about transferring here so I'm giving him a tour?" Mr Crowley obviously didn't buy it. But he just shrugged and continued passing out papers. Nat leaned over to me, whispering in my ear. "Wow he's kinda scary isn't he?" I nodded absentmindedly, reading the first question on the quiz.

~~~next class period~~~

It was only second period and I was already exhausted. Nat trailed through the hall behind me, taking in the different atmosphere. The rest of the day seemed to pass way to slowly. But eventually, I had one more class until lunch. I didn't mind though, history is my favorite subject. Mr. Aziraphel stood behind his desk reading, as usual. "Hi Mr Aziraphel!" He glanced up from his book with a smile. "Hello Owen. How are you today?"
"I'm well thank you." His gaze strayed behind me.
"Who's your friend here?"
"Oh, this is Nat. He's going to transfer here so I'm giving him a tour."
"Well that's nice. I hope you're enjoying it so far?" Nat nodded with a slight grin. "Yes I am, thanks." I continued to talk to Mr Aziraphel until the bell rang to signal the start of class. Nat sat next to me and doodled on a piece of paper while I took notes. Although he didn't seem interested in the class, I could tell he was having fun. This made me smile to myself. Maybe the rest of the year won't be so bad after all.

OMG IM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN SO LONG AHHDSKKSK
I hope you enjoy! And I totally recommend watching or reading Good Omens
Can I get a Wahoo?