Chapter nine

"Owen...owennnnnn. OWEEEEEEENNN."
Nat kept knocking on my door, trying to get me to come out. It had been about a week since the accident.
"If you don't come out I'm gonna start giving you weird nicknames!"
"No."
"Mister man."
"Nat-."
"Schmoopy."
"What the-."
"Tater tot." I was too tired to react. Eventually he stopped trying to get me to come out, and I heard his footfalls fade away. Leaving me and my thoughts alone. The silence was deafening, and I could hear my rapid heartbeat. For some reason, the beat of my heart began to sound more like an echoing crack. My breath came short and I found myself gasping for air. My vision started going fuzzy. A knock startled me, and I glanced around. A muffled 'I'm over here' sounded and I rushed to throw the window open.
"WHAT THE HELL?! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET OUT THERE?!"
Nat climbed into my room, panting.
"That was....a very big drop..."
"How did you even get there?!"
"I climbed out of the window in the hallway and around the building to here."
"...are you kidding me?"
He interrupted my questioning by pulling me into bone-crushing hug. I froze up, surprised by the action.
"I know you feel really guilty, even if it wasn't your fault. So I'm not gonna waste time trying to reassure you about that. Just know that I'm here for you, the contract stands until you die. So I'm not going anywhere." I blinked, and finally melted into the hug. I guess I really needed to hear that.
"Thanks Nat, you're a really good friend."
"So you're feeling a bit better?"
"Yeah, kinda."
"Good. Now come on!"
He pulled me to my feet and rushed to the door, dragging me along. He ran through the hall and to the main apartment stairway. Pulling me up the stairs, we got closer and closer to the top.
"NAT NO THAT DOOR IS LOC-!"
He broke down the door with a single kick and pulled me out onto the roof. It had gotten later than I thought, and I was greeted with a beautiful sunset.
"Wow..."
"I saw it while I was trying to get to you. I thought it might cheer you up."
I turned to Nat, giving him a huge smile.
"It's amazing!"
He gave me a smile in return and I turned back to look out over the city.

Sorry it's short again. I have zero motivation right now. Anyway here's a picture of Nat
trying to get to Owen

The rats names are Remmy and Emile Yes it's from RATATouille

Yes it's from RATATouille