Chapter eight

So this is ranked #2 in Deamon category apparently...so that's coOl..

"Nat, stop quoting Attack on Titian."
"Tatakae!" Nat ran into his bedroom after I sent him a death glare. I had decided to show him Attack on titian, thinking he would like it. He did, but more than I expected. Now he wouldn't stop quoting random phrases. Also I have a sneaking suspicion he stole my credit card to buy some merchandise, cause I could have sworn I had more than $26 in my account. "I'm gonna go get some groceries, I'll be back in a bit." Nat called from down the hall, "DONT GET EATEN BY A TITIAN!" Letting out a sigh, I grabbed my keys and shut the door behind me.

>>time skip brought to you by my cats ass<<

"36.99 for asparagus?! That's obscene, who would pay that much for a vegetable?" I put the asparagus in my basket and headed over to the checkout. It was busier than usual today, so I tried to find the shortest line.

It took a good 30 minutes for me to buy my items, making the sky go dark and the street lamps turn on. I clutched my bag closer to me, the area I was in is prone to muggings and kidnappings. As I passed an alleyway, I felt a hand reach out and cover my mouth, another arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me further into the alley. I panicked, dropping my groceries and trying to pry the arms off me. I bit the fingers and heard a man cus and hiss in pain. "Why you little-!" Getting my arms free, I pushed the man as hard as I could away from me. I turned and watched him slip, falling to the ground with an ear-splitting crack. I stood shocked. The man didn't move, didn't breath, just laid there. The reality of what I had just done hit me full force, and I curled up in a ball on the ground. "Oh my...what have I done?" I started to hyperventilate, the already narrow walls of the alley seeming to close in on me. My chest ached. All that filled my ears was the echoing crack of the mans broken neck. My hands were shaking. "Someone...please..help me." I felt a hand on my shoulder and I snapped my head up in surprise. Nat was crouched down to me, saying something I couldn't quite catch. "What?" He sighed in relief.
"Good, you're okay."
I glanced back at the body, and then to him. "How-how did you?" He gave me a sad smile.
"You called out for help, so I came."
"I-."
He helped me to my feet, stopping my stammering. "I'll take care of it." He waved a hand over the body, and a paper scroll appeared out of thin air. Nat opened it and read through with a frown. "That guy kidnapped multiple young children and sold them on the black market...you did a good thing by stopping him Owen..." My vision started to go blurry and I turned into Nat's shirt. Letting the tears fall as he tried to console me.

Omg that took so long to write. Anyways because I'm tired here's some random stuff that made my dad laugh.