Chapter 24 - Confrontation

Y/N's POV

"We need to talk." She says, jaw clenching as she looks at a point behind my shoulder on the dance floor.

My mind spins. I cross my arms. "But I don't want to speak to you."

Her eyes turn cold, narrowing into two slits. "Don't argue with me. Whatever you're doing right now is just childish. You don't text back, answer my calls or give me any message that you're alright."

I laugh, shaking my head. "You don't have to look out for me, constantly texting me like you care about my well-being. I'm doing just fine, if you haven't noticed."

Her scowl deepens. "Oh believe me I have. It was hard to miss."

I raise an eyebrow, looking her up and down. "Besides, how did you find me? I don't remember telling you about my plans tonight, so how can you even be here?"

"That was quite easy. Like I said, I called you multiple times and James picked up," she answers.

My eyes widen. "Wait, you talked to James? Are you insane, now he knows that I have your number."

She shrugs. "I don't care."

"How can you say that? Don't you care that another student knows about us."

"There is no us, y/n. You made that quite clear with your little dance back there."

Her eyes travel behind my shoulders on the dance floor, neck tensing visibly. I take a glance behind me, following the direction of her eyes, landing on Sarah, who is dancing with James, hips swaying to the music.

Is she seriously jealous?

I turn back around. "Right, I forgot that you also went on that date with Mr Allen. Are you here to tell me how it went? Because I give a shit about your evening, so if you don't mind you can leave. He is surely waiting for you outside."

She rolls her eyes. "He isn't. I came right after the dinner to the club, looking for you. I'm here to talk to you."

Ms Hathaway takes a step closer, reaching for my hand, but I instantly move backwards, not letting her touch me. My stomach clenches together painfully.

I gulp. "You're here to talk, so talk."

"Not here."

With a quick movement she grabs my hand, pulling me through the crowd to the nearest bathroom. I can't even get a word out because the sudden contact makes me lose my mind entirely, head empty with no other thoughts present except the heat that pulses through my veins.

She pushes the heavy door open, letting my hand go and looking inside the stalls to make sure no one is inside that could bother us.

I look at her with unimpressed eyes, following her movements leaning against the wall beside the door. "What are you doing?"

Ms Hathaway doesn't answer me, paying my question no attention, which makes me clench my jaw. God, she is seriously getting on my nerves.

With a swift turn she moves closer to me, eyebrows furrowing. "Why we're you ignoring my messages? You were online, but you never answered. I was worried about you."

Her voice sounds hurt, even accusingly, as her brows raise in question.

I chuckle, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Didn't want to disturb your date. Besides, I was clearly enjoying myself before you came along."

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier. You know I didn't want to push you out of the office, but Ryan would have been suspicious if you stayed longer."

Hearing his name makes my fingers tense, the way her voice sounds so sincere does not make the situation any better.