Chapter 19: A New Mission

Enjoy the chapter!

-

You hadn't felt this comfortable in a while.

You were laying in your warm bed, catching up on sleep. You could quite literally stay here all day. But, as always, life would not allow it.

You received a rude awakening when two giant paws pressed against your face and a wet tongue licked your hair.

'Not this shit again' you thought, while pushing the huge animal off of you.

It wouldn't budge. In fact, it was getting quite comfortable sitting on top of you with it's whiskers tickling your cheeks.

"Lulu! Get the hell off of me!" you yelled.

Lulu, your cougar, let out a soft purr as she refused to get off of your face.

"This cat

"This cat... Why did I even take you in in the first place"

You met Lulu about five months ago. You found her in the forest surrounding the (L/n) mansion, cold and alone. She was huge, bigger than any other cougar you had seen in the area. Chances were she was the runt of her litter and was abandoned. She's quite literally the definition of "the runt always grows to be the biggest."

You would ocassionally go out and feed her, slowly gaining her trust. You knew she would be a lifelong companion the moment she defended you from a wild pack of wolves you both encountered in the forest. In just a few months, you both learned to trust each other.

However, it was stupid of you to take her home, given the fact that you knew your father would lecture you about pets in his house. But being the rebellious girl you are, you refused to give the her up. It was obvious the both of you wanted to stay together.

Your father scoffed at the idea of you caring for the creature. It wasn't exactly as simple as having a pet goldfish. But it had been months now, and Lulu was certainly in great health. And you were happy to have her as a companion. Every girl needs a pet, right? Even if that pet is an abnormally large wild cat.

After finally pushing the big cat off of you, you climbed out of bed and stretched.

Lulu laid in your bed and watched you, her golden eyes and spiked collar glowing in the sunlight.

"Hungry?" you asked her.

She sat up and licked her mouth as if she understood what you had asked.

"Let's head downstairs then, shall we?"

-

As Lulu enjoyed a juicy piece of deer meat (courtesy of the hunters your father paid to provide food for you exotic companion), you sat in the dining room eating breakfast your butlers prepared.

Renji entered the room and took a seat across from you.

"Gooooood morning" he greeted you.

"You know damn well it's too early" you groaned.