Chapter 25: A Deal with the Devil

Illumi looks so fine here,,,
Anyways enjoy the chapter <3

-

Waking up in Illumi's arms was probably the best feeling in the world. Of course it wasn't the first time you got to experience such comfort, but it still felt amazing every time.

It was cute the way he held onto you so tightly, as if his intention was to prevent you from ever escaping his grasp. His arms were wrapped around your body, and your head was practically squished under his chin. You wished you could stay like this forever, but unfortunately your body yearned for a stretch. That, and you needed to check out of the hotel soon.

You tried to push the man off of you, but your attempt was futile. He had quite the death grip.

'He is surprisingly clingy...' you thought.

Illumi sighed. "Where are you trying to go?" he asked, still with his eyes closed.

"I need to stretch, and we need to check out of this hotel soon. Please let me get up" you said.

Earning an annoyed groan, Illumi let go of you and you were finally freed from your lover's grasp.

You yawned and stretched. That was the best night's sleep you'd gotten in a while.

"I'm going to get Lulu and wake up Hawk. We can figure out where to go from there" you said.

Illumi sat up. The covers slipped off his shirtless chest, exposing home to the cold. He shivered.

"I already know where we're going to go" Illumi said.

"Where would that be?" you asked.

"I'm taking you back home" he said.

-

Hawk was annoyed when you came to wake him up. Apparently 11 am was "too early" for him. After finally forcing him out of the bed, the three of you packed up what little items you had and promptly left the hotel.

You embraced Hawk in a tight hug, promising to see him again one day. Even Lulu allowed the man to scratch her on the head.

Once Hawk left, Illumi guided you to the nearest bus station. Your destination was the Zoldyck Mansion, and you would be lying if you said you weren't nervous. Going to the mansion meant potentially meeting Illumi's parents. He never really talked much about them to you, but you did know his father was similar to yours.

Illumi sensed your anxiousness and held your hand tightly.

"You'll be fine" he said.

You took a deep breath. "Okay" you smiled.

The ride to the Zoldyck Mansion was peaceful. Kukuroo mountain was beautiful, and you enjoyed viewing the scenery from the bus. Eventually, it pulled up in front of large stone gates.

"So the mansion is behind those gates?" you asked.

"Yes" Illumi responded while helping you out of your seat.

There was a tour guide at the front of the bus rambling on about the many deaths near the mansion. Apparently no one had gotten past the gates and come out to tell the tale, besides the Zoldycks themselves. The passengers quivered and decided it was safer to stay on the bus, making it easier for you, Illumi, and Lulu to exit the vehicle.

The tour guide tried shouting multiple warnings to the both of you, yet Illumi was set on ignoring them. The bus driver decided you two had accepted your fates and drove off.

"Do they not know you're a Zoldyck?" you asked.

"No. My identity is kept a secret from the general public" Illumi replied.