Horse Deals, Burning Fields, and a Surprise in Town.

Y/N and Arthur were riding towards thee Gray's manor.

Y/N: Remind me why we're going there?

Arthur: John, is doing some kind of deal with the Grays, something about some horses, but hopefully good money.

Y/N: Okay...

After a few minutes they arrive at the entrance where they see a guard.

Guard: Can I help you there?

Arthur: Sure, we're supposed to meet our business partners here, they arranged a meeting. I believe, about some horses?

Guard: A feller with a scar and a Mexican?

Arthur: Yes, sir.

Guard: Out by the stables.

Arthur: Thank you... have a wonderful day now.

They then ride around the manor and head to the stables where they see John and Javier with an old man.

John: And have you met our partners Arthur Morgan and Y/N-

Mr. Gray: A kid? Is this a joke? 

John: No, sir. I assure you, he's just as good as any of us.

Mr. Gray: Okay, then.

John: Mr. Gray here was saying how he had... problems with a family... a family of degenerates.

Arthur: Oh, well, nobody likes degenerates.

Mr. Gray: That hag and her inbred sons... they've ruined this county. They killed y uncle, you know.

John: That ain't right.

Mr. Gray: Problem is we can't be seen to get too close.

John: And?

Mr. Gray: We've got gold, Yankee... We've got gold.

John: I ain't no Yankee, friend... I ain't nothing... my daddy came over on the boat from Scotland.

Mr. Gray: I'm Scottish.

John: And the Braithwaites?

Mr. Gray: Goddamn peasants. I don't know... mongrels... slave fuckers... all you got to do is look at them.

Arthur: How much gold? 

Mr. Gray: Enough. These are prized horses I'm talking about... then they'll get you... five thousand.

John: Five thousand? For horses?

Mr. Gray: Easy.

Arthur: And where do we sell these five thousand dollar horses?

Mr. Gray: Over in Clements Cove. Feller over there will run them out of state and give you fifty cents on the dollar.

John: Mister, you got yourself a deal.

Mr. Gray: Just keep us away from this... publicly I mean.

John: My sense is we keep all horse rustling away from the public.

They mount up and they ride to the Brathwaite stables.

John: Crazy old fool.

Arthur: You should see the Braithwaite woman.

Javier: Hosea and Sean were planning on going over to the Braithwaites. You haven't seen them?

Arthur: No, not yet. If they're there already, they better keep their heads down. We don't need this to be any more complicated than it already is.