Chapter 26

"A congratulatory gathering?" Royse looks up from the document he was reading.

Mark nods. "The Emor family wishes to invite the students to attend, celebrating the start of the academy's 2nd term."

The redhead looks at his calendar and realizes that summer break was soon ending. He heaved out a sigh, unable to believe that time passed by quickly.

Instead of lying around, he used his vacation to work.

Another sigh escaped his lips as Rohesia's words echoed in his mind.

Indeed, it seems he had wasted his summer vacation. But it didn't mean that he didn't have a day of rest. His family still made efforts to pull Royse away from his job and pamper him.

He places the paper on his desk and slouched on his seat. "A gathering huh..." He murmurs as he looks up at the ceiling.

Knowing his sister, he's sure she'd immediately accept the invitation.

"Will it be taking place in the Emor household?" He asks, turning his attention towards his butler.

"The gathering will be held in the Emor family's grand hall in town."

"I see. Please keep my schedule free for that day."

----------

Gazing at the window, Royse watches the people in town go on by their day. Twirling the glass in his hand, he takes a sip before switching his attention towards the guests inside the hall.

Many familiar faces appeared in his vision, all chatting and enjoying their time. He sees Catherine and Rohesia nearing him.

"Is it to your liking Royse?" Catherine asks, stopping in front of him.

"Yes, the arrangement of the tables is quite convenient."

This earned him a chuckle from both ladies in front.

"That is such a Royse thing to say." Catherine comments.

Royse glances around the place, hoping to see a familiar figure. Noticing his gaze, Catherine tilted her head.

"Is there something wrong Royse?"

He returns his attention towards the two. "Ah, I'm wondering if Amy is here."

The two averted their gaze at the mention of the name.

"Eh..." Royse felt his sweatdrop. Seeing their expression, he knew the ombre-haired girl must have done something.

"Well, you see..." Catherine trailed. "She's with Milivoj."

Royse knew where this was heading.

"The two of them were fighting regarding some matter. Seeing how they were disturbing the other guests, they took off in town."

It hasn't been long since the gathering started and they're already gone?!

Royse sighed.

"The idea of them being in peace seems to dim by each passing day." He comments. "What about the rest?"

"Carl joined the two." Rohesia explains,

Of course he did. It was not a surprise seeing how Carl would escape whenever an opportunity arises.