Chapter 43

Royse checked his item box and nodded. "Those should be the last ones." He murmurs as he glanced at the safe.

He shut the door of the safe and locked it. He stands up and closed the cabinet it was hidden in and glanced at the clock on his wall.

A knock came from the door. When Royse allowed entry, Mark walked inside with a box in his hands.

"The devices have arrived young master." Mark announced.

A smile rose from the redhead's mouth. "Did they test it?" He asks as he strode towards his butler.

Mark nods his head. "Yes, and they wish to relay their praise to your innovation."

Royse huffed as he placed both his hands on his hips. "I told you it wasn't my idea. I don't deserve it." As soon as the words left his lips, Mark sported a frown, which the redhead understood its meaning.

He sighed, deciding to drop the topic. He opens the box and saw 12 earpieces laying on a cushion along with the device that connected to it.

Royse took a piece and inspected it with a smile.

"To think that such small device could be capable of such thing." Mark comments.

The redhead widened his smile. "Useful right. With this, everyone can communicate as we fight. If ever there's any problem, we'll immediately be informed."

"But I believe it's limited to a certain distance."

The redhead sighed at his words. "Yeah. When we arrive in the second phase, some of us won't be able to hear each other. It sucks I know..." He returns the earpiece to the cushion and took the device transmitter.

"If we have a cell tower, this would be easier..." He murmurs.

"Cell tower?" Mark asks.

"It's where signals are transmitted. Anyway, I'd rather not go into detail but to sum it all up, if we have cell towers, we'll be able to hear each other from different countries."

Royse became amused by the reaction he received from the butler.

"That's...possible..?" He asks, eyes wide.

The redhead nods, remaining nonchalantly about the info. "Yeah." He turns the device on and took an earpiece. He presses a button and watches it calibrate with the device in his hand.

When it blinked green, Royse wore the earpiece and grabbed another to calibrate it. When it was working, he handed it to Mark.

"Wear this Mark-san. I'll be going outside and talk to you through this." He announced as he starts walking towards his door.

The butler could only bow and wore the earpiece as he wait for Royse's words.

At first, he was sceptical when he found out about the device. Of course, he trusted Royse and knew what he was capable of so it made him anticipate.

Though he expected the engineers to fail. But to his surprise, they were able to complete it and spoke praises of the device.

Just having the voice transmitter skill was already a huge help, but having a device capable of creating the same performance was something else.

And now, Royse told him it was possible to communicate with people from other countries with a device. That was something that he couldn't believe was possible.

He huffed.

The master he was serving continued to surprise him.

After a few minutes, he hears something from the earpiece. There was a static sound at first before he could finally hear Royse's voice loud and clear.