Chapter 38

She lets out a growl, furious at the three. They managed to force her into the corner, making her use the most important tool she had.

When she noticed movements from the side, she sees Damien escaping the rubbles with a shield of shadow around him.

The lady smirked.

What happened next took everyone by surprise.

Damien was unable to notice the movement and blinked his eyes in surprise, failing to process what happened.

He grabs his abdomen and gazed at the red that coated his hand. Blood escaped from his throat, making him cough.

He realized the lady had pierced through his body.

He grits his teeth, unable to regenerate.

"YOU!" He shouts, realizing she cast a skill upon him.

But the lady simply smiles before putting her palm on the ground, activating the hidden mechanism.

The familiar blue glow was enough to remind Royse what was about to happen.

"I won't let you!" He shouts, flying towards the enemy. He flew in speed, trying to stop her.

Of course, he was too late.

He came to an abrupt halt when the figure disappeared and was now teleported somewhere else.

Royse cursed under his breath, gritting his teeth at the enemy's escape.

"Royse!" Amy shouts his name.

When the redhead turns his head, he sees Juli and Amy standing beside the collapsed white-haired male.

He walked towards the group and frowned when he sensed the weird aura that lingered on the wound.

"Ha..." The male coughed blood as he gazed at the group. To think he'd be repaid by that damn lady by using him as a sacrifice. So much for protecting her while she was sealed.

"Gonna finish me off?" He asks.

They were silent.

The male smiled. He gazed down, feeling his wounds growing.

He's had enough of this. Maybe it was for the best for him to rest now, after all, he's lived enough years.

"Make it quick."

The redhead studied the male's expression. It was an expression that took Royse by surprise.

A resigned expression that didn't suit the male.

He frowns as he kneels beside the male.

He placed his hand over the injury and closed his eyes. He could feel the skill disabling the male from healing not only that, locking his mana. Royse knew using the light attribute would only deal further damage after finding out his species.

Deciding on his final option, Royse chanted his skill.

He starts nullifying the skill around the wound. His sweat trickled down his cheeks as he realizes the level of the skill that was placed. It was an expert level, making him exert more mana to fully remove it.

Damien frowned, confused by the redhead. Why was he helping him?

Amy and Juli didn't comment. Whatever the redhead was doing, they knew he had an agenda. But they remained alert for any actions the male would do.