Monsters vs Aliens (Pt 5) - We Need Monsters

Somewhere out in space, a big meteor floated aimlessly around. It bumped into an enormous space ship that stood still as it waited for a specific course to travel in.
In the main deck, a large sack hung in the middle with various monitors as cameras everywhere.

"Begin reanimation sequence," said the creepy computer voice.
The sack began to split opened and steam leaked out from the opening.

"Who dares to wake me?" A voice asked.
"Quantonium has been located on a distant planet in the Omega Quadrant."
"The Omega Quadrant? Lame."

"The trajectory of the Quantonium meteor has been traced to sector 72-4, the planet locally known as Earth."
"What a miserable-looking mud ball."

A long purple arm reached down and began to press different buttons on his slimy keyboard.
"Send a robot probe! Extract the Quantonium with extreme prejudice."

A large headed purple squid-like alien with huge eyebrows and long appendages fell from his pod and smirked at the earth picture in front of him.

"I want it all. Every last drop!"
"Yes, Gallaxhar." The computer complied.
"Nothing can stand in my way now." He said as a small beam shot from the ship as commanded.

♪ One love feeds the fire, one heart burns desire. Wonder who's crying now? ♪
In a car out by a homestead, two teenagers enjoyed the night sky together.

The brunette sneakily scooted closer to her boyfriend before stretching her arms and locking them around his neck.

He immediately shoved her face away.
"Don't rush me, Katie! I'm just not ready."
"Oh relax, Cuthbert. It's just like dancing. I'll lead." Katie said as she leaped into his lap.
The radio started to stutter and turn off, but the couple didn't notice.

"Katie, I have a gymnastics meet tomorrow. So maybe... Did you open the top!?" Katie glared at him before a bright light shines behind them.

"Oh. Thank goodness. It's the police. We weren't doing anything, officer!"
"Yeah, nothing at all."
Instead of stopping, the light flew over their heads with a whoosh and crashed a few yards ahead of them.

"Jiminy! Why did I even let you talk me into this?! Maybe we should get out of here."
"Or, maybe, we should go check it out!"
The girl said before hopping out of the car and running toward the light.

"Katie, are you nuts?!" Cuthbert screamed before jumping out of the car as well.
"Wait! Don't leave me alone!"
Katie hopped over a fence and Cuthbert followed... only to fall flat on his face.
"No! My ankle! I think it's broken!" He whined, looking back of the foot that was definitely NOT supposed to be facing that way.

He whimpered.
"Katie?"
The girl stopped and sighed frustratedly.
"This is the worst date ever." She mumbled.

Sure enough, Katie had carried Cuthbert bridal style all the way up a hill, just at the edge of the mist.
"Katie, I'm frightened." The boy whispered as he clutched the girl tightly. The two stared up at the rising steam.

Suddenly a gigantic glowing eye snapped open, making the two high schoolers scream with fright.

Early the next morning, the area was swarming with military troops, helicopters, and news reporters.

"It was first spotted at midnight last night by a couple in romantic embrace. No one knows what it is or where it came from. All branches of the military were immediately mobilized. What is that, Henshaw? OK. I have just received word that the president of the United States has arrived and will attempt to make first contact."