Monsters vs Aliens (Pt 10) - Some Things Never Change... And Some Things Do!

The compressor pressed down before going back up, revealing the monsters and their human with alien clothes on.

(Y/n) blushed as the clone of Gallaxhar's shirt dropped a bit low on her chest, but swallowed her laugh as no one had immediately stopped them.

"...This is not going to work." Dr. Cockroach whimpered. (Y/n), B.O.B., and Link shared a smug look with each other as the four of them walked forward.

Meanwhile, Steven was shoved forward again as the Gallaxhar clone behind him urged him forward.
He sulked as they made a turn to another hallway.
This was it.
He was gonna die.
He was never gonna go ho—

"Halt!"
Both the clone and Steven stopped.
Link held his hand up as B.O.B., Dr. Cockroach, and (Y/n) stood behind him.
Both (Y/n) and Steven perked up at the sight of each other, but quickly acted as if they didn't.

Link gulped.
"I... Gallaxhar, command you to hand over the prisoner this instant." He said.
(Y/n) facepalmed.
The clone eyed Link up and down for a moment.
"Clearly, you are defective beyond repair. Guards, take this defective clone to the incinerator!"

Steven's blue eyes widened.
Link, B.O.B., (Y/n), and the Doc quickly stepped back, but nothing happened.
"Well, what are you waiting for?"
The clone ordered, pointing to the other monsters.

"You, you, and you!"
Dr. Cockroach blinked. "Seriously?"
"Yes! Take the prisoner and defective clone to the incinerator!" He said before shoving Steven.
He stumbled over beside his friends.
"E-Err... uh... O-Of course, sir." (Y/n) said.

"And here's a security pass, just in case."
The clone said as he handed Dr. Cockroach a small card. He then turned to B.O.B.
"Would you like a gun?"
"No he doesn't."
"Yes, I would. Hey, guys, look—"
BANG!

B.O.B. shot the clone on accident.
The group stared at his fallen body before Link cleared his throat.
"Oooook..."
Steven then turned to each of the monsters.
"Thank you. Thank you so much guys I—"
He turned to (Y/n), who stood behind them nervously.

"(Y/n)..."
She began to figet her fingers.
"S-Steven, I know what you're gonna say, b-but you're still my best friend and I care for you. So yes, I came along to help the guys to save you even if you don't return my feelings. I couldn't in good conscious not come because you mean the world to me and now I'm rambling like an idio—mmph!"

Steven had walked up to (Y/n) and immediately smashed his lips onto her own, effectively shutting her up.
She squeaked as Steven deepened the kiss by turning his head.
Her cheeks were red flaming hot, but she tightly shut her eyes and rose her hands up into his short white hair.

She could feel his own hands slither down to her hips as he pulled her closer to him and squeezed, sending shivers down her spine.
The two slowly parted and stared deeply into each other's eyes.
(Y/n) quickly smacked her hands on her face as the sound of the monsters cheering finally reached her ears.

"S-Steven!"
"Way to go man! Get you some!"
"Good choice Steven. You've really caught the one."
"Why are we cheering again?"
"(Y/n), I'm so sorry. I didn't realize how much you actually mean to me. None of the feelings I had for Denise could ever compare to you." He said as he held her face.
It felt impossible, but (Y/n)'s cheeks darkened in color.

"S-Steven, I don't wanna be a rebound—"
He shook his head.
"You've never been the rebound. You have no reason to be. I was the one that felt as though I never had a chance. So I tried to move on with another woman but... I couldn't. Not when you're so amazing, and kind, and brave, and I'm an idiot for not telling you sooner."
(Y/n)'s eyes watered.

"...Really?"
"You've always been the one that I wanted."
She couldn't help herself.
She'd waited so long for him to say those words to her.
Jumping up again, she kissed Steven with a sweet passion.
Steven caught her and held her close again as the two embraced each other.
(Y/n) pressed her lips firmer on Steven's for a few moments more before letting him go.
"A-Ahem. We still have a mission to finish." She said, hiding her cheeks in her hands.