17 - Beginning Duel, Ending Life.

"Nice time meeting you, but it's about time we put an end to this." 404, the one adorned with goggles and a blue shirt stated.

Tommy snarked.

"Bold of you to assume I'm going to fall easily."

He pulled his arrow back on the string of the bow, aiming for Ember's heart.

Take out the strongest link first, then move onto the weakest.

----

The moment 404 lunged after Tommy was when he finally released the arrow.

Dream used his strings to manoeuvre the arrow away from Ember, before it was able to plunge into his heart.

Tommy was currently accompanied by 404, tackling his attacks using his small yet efficient dagger.

Items sealed with enchantments are prone to have such durability that it would be difficult to break.

At this point Tommy just thought the book was giving him unfair plot armour and weapons.

He was able to shove 404 away only to engage combat with Ember.

Currently Ember was trying to conceal flames around him, however Tommy wouldn't allow that.

The time manipulator, Hypnosis, was able to appear behind him using his power.

He managed to grasp onto Tommy, however.

Tommy tried to break loose, but then Ember shot some hazardous sparks towards his direction.

In a self-defense mechanism, Tommy decided to kick Hypnosis in the shins, distracting him.

He dodged the incoming embers and it caused Hypnosis to get badly injured.

One down, three to go.

This may be a waste of time just to retrieve a bird,

But in Tommy's defence, Shroud was his friend.

His bird-son.

He would give the world if it was for him.

The heroes were still trying to attack, Tommy was able to dodge the majority of them.

He got slightly injured.

And by slightly he meant a massive cut on his shoulder.

He decided to not heal the injury.

Why?

Simple.

The heroes could detect him by tracing his powers, leading towards the 'Tommy Theseus Pogathy Innit'.

Yes, Pogathy is one of his actual middle names.

If you are to even complain about it or dislike it then you'll have your pet's severed body at your doorstep.

Maybe.

Actually maybe not, considering his love for animals.

Just an 'empty threat'.

No, I'm not going back on my word of empty threats.

Why do you ask?

Meanwhile, the heroes felt minor victory as they were able to land a few hits on the villain.

They were swift, and great at dodging.

It was as if they did this every day, maybe in the past.

Currently, Hypnosis was down and in need of healing.

He were already carried away safely by Ember, who was most likely accompanying him at the base.

Currently, it was only Dream and 404 fighting against the mysterious villain.

It was strange for the villain to appear out of a sudden.

Maybe they were plotting underneath their opaque veil.

The veil had covered the majority of their face, even reaching to their chest to cover their identity more effectively.

It would be difficult to take off, not only because of the length, but because the person behind it was too quick to simply be in reach of.

Dream had retreated to using his powers, flinging his puppeting strings towards the villain's direction to try and gain control.

The villain, however, kept slicing them and dodging it's path, and when Dream used the strings to try and battle against him with one of his weapons while he held his own, he simply thunk too fast and sliced the thread off.

Maybe that was too dumb of an idea.

He was then able to use the weapon Dream had 'so graciously given' to tackle his attacks.

"Great thinking, Dream." 404 groaned.

"What? I didn't know the villain would do that."

404 then found himself cornered by the villain by the ledge, held at swordpoint.

"Move and I will slit your friend's neck. I think red would compliment his outfit, don't you think?" The villain snapped, tilting their head at their question.

Dream lowered his head slightly, holding his grip on his weapon tighter.

"Don't listen to the villain, Dream. Attack." 404, no, George warned.

"You're my friend. I can't let you get hurt for my mistake." Dream admitted.

The villain cackled.

"A hero? Admitting? Ladies and gents and other audiences, isn't that quite a rare sight?" they laughed.

Dream snarled, propelling himself towards the villain.

The villain willingly shoved 404 off the ledge, then tackling Dream's legs, causing him to fall backwards.

He was laughing maniacally, "Checkmate."