19 - News Reports Sometimes Aren't Too Good. Is a Visit from a Villain Good?

Phantom nodded, staring into the light-polluted sky.

No stars were about because there was so much light was blocking its moment to shine.

The world would be a better place without all this shit.

He swore to himself he will allow the stars to shine once more, no matter what he'll have to do.

Even if it was to blow up a city.

----

Tommy was simply loitering around in the café, unsure what to do.

Niki was chatting with him too, but Tommy felt like something was off today.

"How's Jack, Niki?" Tommy asked, smiling through his strange thoughts.

"Jack's fallen ill. I'm honestly struggling in trying to help." She sighed, the atmosphere changing dramatically.

"He's ill? No, the big man Jack Manifold would never get ill."

Niki huffed, "Just seemed so that he suddenly did. Strange, right? It's as if it was forced."

Tommy nodded, suspicion creeping up on him.

He decided to shrug it away, and proceeded to continue talking to Niki.

"You want anything, Niki?"

Niki hummed, "A marochino." She smiled.

Tommy chuckled, nodding.

"Of course. You became addicted to ordering those ever since." He said, whipping up a quick beverage.

Niki giggled, "It's just really good! I can't help myself. Why don't you make another for Jack to go?"

Tommy smiled.

"Was planning on it. He'll love it."

Tommy then handed both drinks to Niki, chatting a bit more.

Their talk was interrupted when the TV flashed to a broadcast.

"Explosion found near a Glatt building, Many had died and multiple injured. The heroes stated that a villain was behind this." A female news reporter stated.

Niki's eyes softened while her eyebrows raised in interest.

"It wasn't any old villain you'd usually come across. It was a new one that had just risen. Quite dangerous, too. We think the villain would rank #2, just under the Blade. We yet to have a name." Dream informed, shaking his head slightly.

He was looking straight at the camera, sure that the villain was watching.

Tommy was mentally sweating.

He turned to Niki, seeing her eyes widen at the footage of the destroyed buildings.

He could hear her mutter something, yet he couldn't hear it.

Something like, "Never knew the damage he caused was that bad."

"Did you know about this Niki?" Tommy asked, raising an eyebrow.