EIGHT

"Athena, this was just a one-week trip. Not an entire month." Tobias chuckled at the bags being loaded onto the plane.

"It's Paris, Tobias. Plus, this is our first time being seen in public after the ball. I have to look my best. I'm being torn apart for anything now." I sighed.

"This is a business trip."

"Tobias, you can't go to Paris for business. You have to explore the city for what it is. Have you ever been?"

"No." He said while walking up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes before carefully walking up and into the jet. We sat down in the black leather seats.

"No? You've never been to Paris?" I scoffed while sitting across from him. He shook his head. "Tobias, why haven't you?"

"I never found it interesting." He shrugged while taking out his phone.

"It's the city of love."

"Exactly."

"Well, now I've deemed myself as your official tour guide."

We finally arrived in the beautiful city. Tobias held my purse as we walked to the front desk of the hotel.

"Bonjour, Vous enregistrer ?" The woman questioned.

"What did she say?" Tobias whispered in my ear.

"She asked if we were checking in. Is it under your name?" I questioned. He nodded. "Oui, c'est sous Tobias Landon."

"Suite présidentielle. Voici la clé."

"Merci. Presidential suite huh?" I smiled while holding up the gold card.

"Only the best." He said while walking us towards the elevator. "What would I have done with you? I would've been lost at Bonjour."

"I'm sure she speaks English, but it's fun testing out my French."

"You're a master."

"Never forget it." We both got onto the elevator. Tobias pressed the top floor and I sighed. "After we get settled, it should be night. Meaning the Eiffel tower will be lit."

"I've seen pictures before."

"Oh come on. It's better in person."

We arrived on the top floor and walked into our suite. It was beautiful. The ceiling was a huge mirror with a golden chandelier hanging from it.

I smiled while placing down my purse next to the bags that were already carried up. I took a tour of the beautiful place starting with the living room.

The couch had pillows that were beautifully arranged. The decor accented every detail on the walls.

I walked towards the kitchen. The sinks were gold along with the handles on every drawer. I finished my tour and went to the master bedroom.

"Woah."

"I've seen nice things in my life, but Paris does it better," Tobias said while walking in.

"Where's the second bedroom?" I questioned.

"Shit." Tobias huffed. "I forgot to change the reservation. It's fine, I'll just sleep on the couch."

"For an entire week? That'll hurt your back. We can just build a barricade or something." I shrugged. "Or see if there's another suite available."

I took the clip and shook out my hair.

"Worry later, it's tour time."

Tobias and I spent our day riding tandem bikes and trying any food staple of the beautiful city. We were both bundled up in coats with hot coffee in our hands waiting for the lights on the tower to turn on.