TWENTY-TWO

"Ouch." I winced.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Solana." The makeup artist mumbled while applying foundation to my neck.

Tobias stood in the corner with his hands tucked in his pockets. He was still angry with me but still stayed like I wanted him to.

"I have to cover your back now." She said while looking over at Tobias.

"He can stay," I said while talking off my shirt.

Tobias turned away and I quickly took my bra off before laying down. We were going to my fathers' party, despite the controversy between us, we had to be there.

My dress required a lot of skin to show so my makeup artist had to cover the bruising. She was small and frail, but anyone I didn't know made me feel uncomfortable. Tobias stayed to give me peace of mind.

His silence hurt my heart, but his being there healed it.

"Ouch." I clenched my eyes. "I'm sorry, keep going."

"We can take a break."

"Just go." I shook my head.

She began to lightly tap my back with a beauty blender.

~

"Athena! Long time no see, love!" Jahil exclaimed while grabbing me for a hug.

I winced while slightly hugging him back.

"Jahil, how have you been?"

"Living. How about you?"

"I've been okay." I quickly let go before grabbing Tobias' arm.

"I hear you two are getting married, kind of jealous I'm not designing your wedding dress." He took a sip of his wine.

"You could design my bridesmaids' dresses!"

"Perfect. I'll get in contact with your people. Excuse me, I have some networking to do." He walked away.

"Athena! Baby, you look so amazing." Henrietta smiled. "I'm her aunt."

She pulled me into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me before tightly squeezing me.

"Ouch." I winced.

Tobias slowly pulled me away.

"I have to catch your father. I'll be right back." She hurried away.

"You don't have to hug everyone. I know it's painful." Tobias mumbled.

"I have to sell the show."

"I need to run to the bathroom. Will you be okay?" He questioned. I nodded and he walked away.

I pulled the small mirror from my purse and viewed my neck. The makeup was still on. My phone buzzed. A text message from Anteros.

Meet me by the bar.

I furrowed my eyebrows before walking to the bar. Anteros waved me over and I sat down.

"This has to be quick before someone sees us. I know you wanted answers about mom and I shut it down, but I can tell you one thing."

"What?"

"She's alive. When you told me about the flowers, I lied. Eros and I are receiving them too."

"I knew it."

"Except, I know where she is."

"Where?"

"She doesn't want to be found, Athena. She was running from something. I just have to figure out what it was."

"I figured out she had another child. I met her."