FORTY

"No. No. No. No. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe." I paced back and forth. "Why! Why!"

"Thena. Just calm down." Valeria said.

"I can't calm down, Val! It's like I can't have one moment without someone ruining shit. Fuck!" I groaned.

"You need to get it together now." Val grabbed me by the shoulders. "Wipe your tears now. The show must go on. No one or anything can stop it."

I nodded. "Sorry. Sorry."

"Now let's go finish. We've come too far." Valeria demanded. I took in a sharp inhale, trying not to cry. "Suck it up, now!"

10 Hours Earlier

"No! Don't put that there." Valeria directed.

"Wonderful by Bailey Elease from the top."

I sighed while scribbling on my clipboard. "Where's Lotus! I need Lotus now."

"I'm here! I'm here." Lotus ran in. "I'm sorry Thena, I overslept."

"This is not me yelling because I don't, but no more inconveniences. It's show day and I'm
already going grey by the hair."

"I know. I'm sorry. What do you need me to do?"

"Make sure the seamstress is steaming the outfits, also check with the stage manager about light cues. Make sure models are here to do a run-through."

"Got it." He said before running to the back.

"Name cards? Any specific placings."

"Yes. Tobias Landon, front and center." I smiled. "Then Beverly Landon next to him."

Kayla, my second assistant, placed the cards down.

"Then Kaleb is on the other side of Tobias. The rest, just get the list of important people and sit them in the front."

She nodded.

"Oh. And don't seat the Fleurs' by the Landon's."

Kayla nodded before walking away.

I heard a screeching voice come over the mic and I winced. Bia stood dancing with Bailey to her song 'wonderful.'

"As much as I'm glad you're having a good time, no games right now." I sighed. "Where did Val go?"

They shrugged. I sighed before walking behind the stage.

"Athena. You weren't supposed to come back here." Valeria frowned.

"What's happening?"

She held up the diamond cape. I gasped. It had blue stains all over it. I quickly placed my clipboard down before grabbing the cape.

"No! No! No! How did this happen?" I whined. "Fuck. I was painting and it got on it. This is my fault."

"Don't fret, okay? I'll run to the store and get some paint remover." Lotus said.

"No! You stay. I'll get Kayla to go." I huffed before walking back to the seats. "Kayla, don't hate me, but I need you to run to the store and get paint remover."

She nodded. "On it!"

Kayla quickly ran.

"That's the kind of urgency I need people!" I yelled.

"Ms. Solana!" The blonde yelled.

"Yes?"

"Uh." She paused. "Uh."

"Everything okay?"

"No. One of the models called in sick."

"Sick! Are you serious?" I questioned. "Who? Ingrid?"