Chapter 11

I wake up in a room that I don't recognize. I'm lying on the left side of a king-sized bed, decorated with white sheets and a white comforter. The room is quite large, with a pair of double doors on each side except for the one the bed is pushed up against. There is a tv across from the bed on top of a dresser, and there is even a little sitting area. I notice there is a dent in the bed next to me. Did Chase and I sleep in the same bed? I get up and am relieved to be in the same clothes that I was in earlier. 

I go to the first pair of doors, and it's a large walk-in closet. My blood freezes, there are both men's and women's clothes, and the women's clothes are in my size. I walk to the next set of doors, but they're locked. The final set of doors leads to a stunning bathroom which leads me to confer that the other doors must lead to the rest of the house. 

I head back into the closet to find some new clothes to change into. It mainly contains clothes that I would consider on the nicer side, like skirts, dresses, and blouses. I could not find any sweats or hoodies, so I chose the next best thing. A pair of mom jeans and a sweater was the comfiest outfit I could create. I go into the bathroom and triple-check that I locked the door behind me. 

I take a very long shower. I'm not sure how long I was out, but I feel like I have not showered in months. I take extra time shampooing my hair and scrubbing my body with a loofah. After the shower, I find a new toothbrush and brush my teeth four times before flossing and finishing with mouthwash. I finish brushing out my hair, putting on lotion, and finally getting dressed. I feel like I can breathe again.

I open the door to exit the bathroom and am startled by Chase standing right outside. 

"You look good," He says. 

I don't answer as I don't believe he deserves thanks. 

"There's lunch downstairs if you're hungry."

I nod. I am pretty hungry. I don't remember the last time I ate anything. 

He opens the door for me and leads me down the stairs. We walk into a massive living room with a large fireplace before entering the kitchen. I think the island in the kitchen alone was bigger than my bedroom in my apartment. 

My apartment, I miss it so. I wonder if anyone has noticed that I'm gone? The holidays just passed, and I live in a different state than my family, so it's not unusual for us to go without talking for a couple of months.  I'm sure my job has noticed, but Chase did work there, so maybe he took care of that? Chase must have another job or inheritance or something because there is no way he could afford this mansion of a house on minimum wage. 

I sit at a stool beside the island, and Chase hands me a plate with a BLT sandwich, some chips, grapes, and a glass of water. It was so simple, yet so good. Chase ate beside me, but neither of us talked throughout the entire meal. I get up to put my dishes in the sink, but Chase tells me not to worry about it.

"The maids can take care of it," he states.

Seriously, how rich is this man?

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you have so much money?" I ask. 

"That's something you don't need to know. Let's just say I'm very popular in Italy."

Italy.

"Are we in Italy?"

He nods like it is obvious.

Not only are we in a completely different country, but we're in a completely different continent. I have never left the United States. I don't even have a passport! But I suppose Chase is probably rich enough to have a private jet and pay off whoever he needs, so it must not be a problem. However, my problem is that I don't have those things, so it will be hard for me to escape. 

"Why did you start working at the restaurant in the first place? I mean, you clearly do not need the money?" I ask.

"Well, to see my favorite person, of course. I would do anything for you." He replies. "Come on. I'll give you a tour of the house and the grounds. As long as you behave, you will be able to roam around as you please, as long as you stay on the property, of course." 

As long as I behave? Does he forget I'm a grown woman who he is kidnapped? I will act any way I want to. 

The house was spectacular. There was a theater, library, gym, and game room, while outside, there was a pool, hot tub, tennis courts, basketball courts, and garden. Not a bad place to be forced to live. Chase finally leads me to a large grassy field.

"This, of course, is where the wedding will be held," he said.

"It's lovely, but who's getting married?" I ask.

"Well, we are, of course."