Chapter 63

Monday 29th November 2021

"Better" Carina asked smirking standing up and wiping her face "Much thank you" Maya replied quickly re dressing her self "I'll see you later I have chores to do" the Italian said quickly pecking her wife's slips "I love you" the Italian said unlocking the door "I love you more be safe" the blonde replied earning a thumbs up from her wife before she sat back down and got started on the mountain of paper work she needed to do, Andy clearly didn't keep up with the paperwork when she stepped in as interim chief.

"PRT 19"

"LADDER 19"

"ENGINE 19"

"AID CAR 19"

"BATTALION CHIEF"

"Crowne plaza hotel fire"

The alarm sounded through the station stating it was a four alarm

"Nineteen let's move" Maya yelled running out of her office and down towards her chief car, "Bishop what do we know" Andy asked over the radio "Fire started on the kitchen on the 3rd floor is has spread to almost all 30 floors, expect a lot of injuries and a long day" the blonde quickly replied before pulling out of the station lights and sirens on as she led the pack of vehicles through the rather quiet streets of Seattle.

"Holy shit" Carina said pulling to a stop just at the scene "Holy shit is right" Warren replied as they both jumped out of the PRT and made there way towards Herrera "Where do you want us chief" Andy asked "Herrera, Gibson, Miller go and going 23 on alpha search and rescue, Hughes, Montgomery, Dixon go and join delta search and rescue. Deluca, Warren and Cutler go towards triage and start assisting with red tags" Maya ordered everyone quickly nodding their heads and running off to do their assigned jobs.

"Do not go in that building" Maya said grabbing her wife's arm as she went to run past her "I can't promise that but I'll be safe" Carina replied looking around before landing a very fast peck on her wife's lips "I love you" the Italian mouthed before running off to catch up with her partner. "Woah that is a lot of black tags" Carina said shocked as she looked around at all the bodies being covered with sheets even small kids and firefighters.

"Deluca hurry up" Warren said shaking the brunette from her trance "Sorry what do we got" Carina asked quick to switch back into surgeon mode.

"Herrera give me an update" Maya said through the radio "With 23 now evacuating level 28" Andy replied and she walked extra quickly through the halls banging on the doors "Seattle fire Department, you need to evacuate" the Latina women yelled repeatedly knowing that this building would be a pile of dust in the next 45 minutes and anyone inside would be dead.

"Hughes to Bishop" Vic said over the radio "Hughes what's up" Maya asked "I need Warren and Deluca, I have a 34 year old female 39 weeks pregnant with a penetrating wound to the thigh, she is also in labour" Vic said "Can you get her to the exit I don't want to send more people in" Maya asked "We still have the whole floor to clear Chief" Hughes responded "Sending in help now" the blonde replied.

"Warren, Deluca, Cutler" Maya yelled watching as all three ran towards her "Chief" Ben asked "You need to go to floor 20, Hughes has a 39 year old pregnant women with a penetrating wound to her thigh" the blonde said making eye contact with her wife "Go I'll grab the kits and meet you there" Carina said earning a nod from both men before they ran off into the building. "You told me not to go and now you are sending me in there" Carina asked "I know I'm sorry, you need to be fast you have maybe 35 minutes before that building is dust" Maya said "Okay I'll see you in less then 35 minutes then" the Italian said before grabbing all her supplies and running into the building and starting the climb up the stairs.