Chapter 65

Thursday 2nd December 2021

Maya woke up rather early this morning flipping over and reaching for her phone reading 5am knowing hers and Carina's appointment wasn't until 11am she thought she would roll back over and try to let sleep consume her for a couple more hours. "Bambina" Carina said sleepily feeling the loss of contact as her wife left her embrace "Go back to sleep my love" Maya replied pressing a gentle kiss to her lovers forehead.

Maya made her way into the bathroom and decided she may as well get an early start on the day deciding on doing her morning routine before slipping out of the bedroom and down towards the kitchen making herself a cup of coffee and eating a protein bar just as she heard soft cries come from down the hall, she raced back into her bedroom quick to pick Matteo up so her wife could sleep for a bit longer.

"Hi baby" Maya said walking back to the kitchen now cradling Matteo in her arms pouring herself a large mug of coffee sitting down on the couch to let the warm liquid wake her up "Auntie Maya wants to work out do you think you can sit in your bouncer and let me do that" Maya asked her nephew who just stared at her with wide eyes "Okay we can try can't we" the blonde said finishing off her mug of coffee leaving it in the sink before walking off to the garage Matteo on her hip the bouncer in the other hand.

"Okay buddy your mom is coming to pick you up in 2 hours and you can go and see your daddy" Maya said straping the young brunette into his bouncer so she could begin her workout ensuring she could see him at all times. The blonde started her workout with a run on the treadmill, she ran for 20 minutes working up quite a sweat before stopping the machine and having a two minute rest. "Bambina" Carina said walking into the garage to see her wife laying on the bench with the barbell over her and she pushed through her final set.

"One second" Maya breathed out finishing her reps hooking the barbell back up and sitting up "What's wrong" the blonde asked "We have to take Matteo to the hospital Robert is awake and wants to see his little man" Carina replied "Okay do you want me to take him or do you want to go together" Maya asked "You can take him I'll stay here with Lily and drop her to school before our appointment" the Italian women replied an instant smile falling to her lips "Okay gorgeous" Maya simply replied pressing a quick to kiss to her wife's lips before picking Matteo up from the bouncer and walking back inside the house to gather all of his things to drop him back to Andy,

"Hi my baby" Andy beamed watching as her bestfriend walked towards her with Matteo on her hip "Oh mama missed you so so much" the brunette added pulling her son close to her chest "How's Robert" Maya asked "His good we are hoping we can take him home by the end of the week, he will be off for 6 weeks and then on desk duty until he is completely recovered "Well let us know if you need anything" Maya said "I have to run but I'll check in later" the blonde added.

***

"You okay bella" Carina asked sensing the nervous energy radiating off her wife "Yeah sorry what were you saying" Maya asked from her place in the passenger seat "What's going on in that pretty head of yours" the Italian women asked "Just thinking" Maya said "You are nervous" Carina said "A little" the blonde replied slowly nodding her head "Me too" the Italian said "It's going to be fine my love we can do this we want this" Carina said taking hold of her wife's hand giving her a reassuring squeeze.

"Are you ready my love" Carina asked pulling into the parking spot out the front of the fertility clinic "I'm ready are you" Maya asked un doing her seat belt and turning to face her wife "More then ready" the brunette confirmed leaning in slightly and leaving a short kiss on the blondes lips "Okay lets go" the battalion chief said opening her car door followed by her wife.

The wives walked into the fertility clinic greeted by the receptionist, they filled out the forms that were required before taking a seat in the waiting room.