Chapter 68

Thursday 6th January 2022

"Chief" Maya said nodding her head at the blonde as she walked through the front door of station 19 "Bishop" Lucas replied smiling softly "Are you ready" Ripley asked "I am" Maya confirmed "Okay Daniel is already upstairs, if at anytime you need to take a break stop the meeting and do so okay I can't imagine how difficult this is for you to do" the fire chief said "I will be okay I just want to get to get it over with" Maya replied before the duo walked up stairs and into Maya's office.

The blonde duo opened the door and Daniel was straight to his feet "Chief Ripley" the man said shaking the blondes hand "Battalion Chief Bishop" Beckman said putting his hand out "Daniel" Maya replied reaching for the mans hand and shaking it before rounding her desk and taking a seat next to her boss.

"Daniel we all know why we are here" Lucas said getting straight to the point "I don't want anymore details, Bishop has explained what has happened all I need from you is an explanation to why you should keep your job with the Seattle fire Department" Ripley said "I know what I did was wrong and I can't apologise enough, really Bishop I am so sorry I was out of line and I shouldn't have done what I did... I know my apology doesn't change what happened but I am really hoping you will give me a second chance because I am a good firefighter and nineteen is my family" Beckman started.

"I betrayed my wife and children, I hurt you and your family and I put on strain on the relationships here at nineteen I know all of that and if I need to be transferred to another station I will because I will prove to you both how sorry I am and I will earn back your trust" Daniel said. "Go sit in the beanery don't talk to anyone, whilst Bishop and I talk" Lucas said gesturing for him to leave the firefighter quick to exit the room.

"It's your call Bishop" Ripley said looking towards the blonde "Don't transfer him" Maya was quick to say "I'm sorry" Lucas asked "He wants that, he wants to be transferred to a different station because everyone at nineteen knows what happened and his ashamed of himself, but he doesn't get to get off that easy by moving away from what he caused if he is so serious about earning back our trust he will do it here at nineteen where he caused all of his problems" Maya replied.

***

"How did it go my love" Carina asked as her wife walked through the front door "He is suspended without pay for 2 more weeks and then he is back at nineteen" Maya replied "What do you mean that's all the punishment Ripley gave him" the Italian asked frustration clear in her voice "Baby I chose his punishment" Maya was quick to say "What are you talking about" the brunette asked, so Maya was quick to fill her wife in on everything that happened at the meeting and her thought process behind it all, it took a lot of convincing from the blonde but Carina eventually understood why Maya did what she did.

"I will be telling Andy he is on Bathroom duty until further notice" Carina said a smug smile on her face "He will be doing all the probie jobs when he returns from his suspension" Maya replied "I love you" Carina said wrapping her arms around the blondes neck "I love you more" the blonde replied picking her wife up the brunette quick to wrap her legs around the blondes waist going there lips together. "What time do you need to leave to get our bambina" Carina asked "Not for an hour" the blonde replied "Plenty of time" the Italian said laughing softly as they stumbled into their room.

Tuesday 1st February 2022

"Maya" Carina called out for her wife from the bathroom "What's up" Maya asked walking into the ensuite to see her wife completely naked "Uhh what's going on" the blonde asked confused "It is time" The brunette said holding up the pregnancy stick "Already" the blonde asked "Yeah its been 8 weeks" the Italian said nodding her head.

"Now we wait" Carina said placing the pregnancy down upside down so they couldn't see it "Do you want to get changed" Maya asked "No" the brunette simply replied "It would be a waste of time because then you will just have to take them off me" Carina added "Is that right" Maya asked stepping closer to her wife placing her hands around her waist "Mhm" the surgeon hummed in response nodding her head slowly "Can't wait" the blonde replied leaning forward and capturing her wife's lips in a kiss.