Chapter 10: Pick Up

Alicia woke up to the sound of rustling, and saw a flashlight through the window. She shuffled out of the cabinet, and picked up a lamp. Alicia quietly moved the coffee table out of the way and positioned herself with the lamp. Then, Alicia kicked the door open, but stopped her swinging motion. A tall man with a bald short haircut and nerdy glasses was shining a flashlight at Alicia.

"Who are you..?" Alicia asked slowly.

"My name is jake. Don't you remember me? Hazel's step-dad?"

"Oh. I forgot about that. I'm Alicia, but call me Alice for short. What are you doing here?"

"There's been a reported infection. Y'know that potion from the lab? Well turns out it's turning people into bloody murderers, but they have abilities. I'll explain later, but for now, you should come with me."

"Alright.. Let me get my sister and brother."

Alicia snuck into the house and woke Lizzy and Roman up.
"Let's go, there's a man who's here to help us."

Roman and Lizzy followed Alicia and hopped into the car. In the passenger seat was a woman named Rose, Hazel's mum. In the middle of the back seat, was a little baby, named Jade, Rose's daughter. Nothing was said. Jake drove off. The silence was broken.

"Alicia, have you seen a girl named Hazel? She's my daughter, as you know. Do you have any idea where she is?" Rose asked. Alicia looked at Rose.

"Are you sure you want to know..?" Alice asked back.

"Yes, I want to know if she's safe." Rose replied.

Alicia looked down.

"I'm afraid it's bad news."