XV

"Everybody's at war with different things

"Everybody's at war with different things..I'm at war with my own heart sometimes"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Dakari |

I pulled up to my house finally. After swerving into my driveway and turning my car off, I grabbed my gym bag from the back seat before getting out. I just came from basketball practice and I was ready to get in the shower and lay my ass down.

I walked up to my my house and put my key in the front door. Walking in and closing my door behind me, the feeling of relief that I once had was now gone once I turned around and seen my step brother sitting on the couch.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to my room before he spoke to me.

"Where da hell you been"

"I had practice today Khalil, you know that" I replied.

Khalil became my my stepbrother after his dad married my momma about a year ago. I didn't really care for him that much. I liked his dad but Khalil wasn't really the "big brother" type I expected him to be. He was a weirdo in my opinion and I didn't want no business with him. I was just ready to graduate and get away from this house completely.

"Aye" he spoke out standing up and stopping me in my tracks.

I just shook my head and turned back around.

"What"

"You know dem niggas Sevyn and Amir and da rest of dat lil crew?" he asked me.

"I mean yeah who don't? Sevyn and his whole crew well known all over the city, especially since he's owned that club downtown."

He just nodded his head real slow while I spoke.

"You met him before?" he asked.

"Nah not personally but his little sister one of my bestfriends"

"Saige right?" he asked and I agreed. "Yeah I seen her lil fine ass out before. I was tryna get on dat but I don't think I will no mo since I'm working wit her brother now"

"You ain't getting on shit" I said stepping closer to him. "Saige off limits" he threw his hands up in defense.

"And why the fuck you working with her brother—whatever you thinking bout doing I would advise you to stop that shit cause Sevyn don't fuck around and I heard his people don't either"

"Just tryna see what da business about dats all" he said while chuckling. "And I could've sworn lil mama was fucking with Amir—well that's what I heard while you all getting defensive and shit bout her"