XXI

"Don't tell me how you knew it would be

"Don't tell me how you knew it would be. Like this all along I know the truth is, you won't love me until I'm gone"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Dakari |
*one week later*

"Thanks for taking me home again, I preciate you for real" I told Kayla as we pulled into my driveway. My car was in the shop until the weekend so I needed a ride home from basketball practice. I was just planning on taking an uber but by some coincidence she was waiting me to get out and offered a ride home.

"Anything for you Kari" she said looking into my eyes and I furrowed my eyebrows a little.

"Aight I'll hit you up doe" I said getting ready to get out of the car and she pulled me back and I gave her a confused look. She leaned over the center console getting closer to me. Once she got close I realized what she was trying to do and as she brought her lips near mine, I quickly turned my head away making her suck her teeth loudly and roll her eyes.

"Dakari I—What the fuck?!" she said folding her arms. "What's up with you? Huh? Why you acting like you don't want me"

"Kayla look man—I think you got the wrong idea bro" I said with low chuckle. "I've told you before what this shit was, you know that" I looked at her shaking my head because this wasn't the first time she's damn near thrown herself at me.

I couldn't lie and act like I wasn't still fucked up over Saige. Ever since she told me that she needed space from me, I respected that and I eventually started kicking it with Kayla but I ain't want nothing serious with her. I didn't want anything at all with her honestly, I just enjoyed her as a friend. Then as I was doing good I seen Saige post her birthday pictures from her trip last week and I continuously seen everyone repost the birthday post Amir made to her.

I started missing my best friend all over again.

"This about Saige huh?" she said with a bitterly chuckle. "What that hoe got that I don't?!"

"Bitch you better watch yo mouth" I spat.

Even though Saige wasn't talking to me anymore and probably wouldn't ever again, I wasn't gonna let nobody disrespect her. "You know what—lose my number, I'm straight on you" I said shaking my head while getting out of the car and slamming her door behind me.

As she quickly pulled off, I walked up the steps into my house and got all the way inside before closing and locking the door behind me. I instantly felt a relief once I noticed that I was home alone, I just wanted some peace by myself. My mom was on a business trip, my stepdad was at work and I honestly didn't know or cared what Khalil was doing right now.

As I got all settled in, I grabbed my things to go take a shower since I just got back from practice. After about twenty five minutes later after my shower, I took my dirty clothes and put them into the wash. Going back into my room now, I went to my drawer to look for my heating pad that I use to relax my muscles after workouts but instantly became annoyed once I remembered I let Khalil use it.