Chapter 10

Happy Friday everyone!
Please make sure to vote and comment ☺️
—————

Syble (Magnolia)

I stalk slowly over to Rohanor around the pairs of wolves sparring, my gaze not faltering from his. I stop just inches away from him and he visibly tenses from my invasion of his space. He looks down at me impassively and raises a brow.

"I don't have a partner. My last one was a disappointment and Incandis is still going at it with Runidar. Spar with me."

"No." He huffs at me immediately without even contemplating my request.

I sigh dramatically, "I get it, you don't want me embarrassing you in front of your pack."

His eyes narrow, shifting from green to black and back again. "I know what you're trying to do. It's not going to work."

"All I'm trying to do is find a sparring partner. But if you're too scared to fight me I'll have to find someone else who will rise to the occasion." I say, the last part louder drawing attention to Ro and me.

His eyes go black and this time they don't change back. The other men stop what they're doing to witness his response to my challenge.

"No weapons. No gifts. Come on big boy...I'll go easy on you." I taunt once more.

I don't know why I find provoking him to be so entertaining. I can't help but challenge him. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that back home no one tells me no. I'm not used to being challenged, and I get the sense that being challenged is as equally foreign to him as it is to me.

His hands are clenched so tightly his knuckles are turning white, his body radiating a heat that wasn't there moments before. He rips off his shirt giving me a prime view of his broad chest and washboard abs. I drink him in as my eyes dip down to his waist, below his belly button, following his happy little trail down to the top of his pants hung low on his hips.

He leans forward, startling me, and whispers in my ear in that deep voice of his, "are we going to fight, or are you going to eye fuck me all day?"

"Just checking for weapons." I say smoothly, but inside my core is molten.

I grab the hem of my shirt and lift it up and off of me in one fluid motion so I'm only wearing my sports bra and leggings. I can hear his sharp intake of breath. His gaze warms my skin as his eyes trail across my body, across my chest, down my stomach to my waist and hips.

"Are we going to fight, or are you going to eye fuck me all day?" I whisper his words right back to him.

Ro grabs me by the back of the neck but I twist out of it grabbing his wrist and twisting his arm along with me. Game on. I step back from him and hold my hands behind my back awaiting his next move. He wastes no time and sends me several quick punches all of which I dodge with my hands still behind my back. He swings at me wide but I turn so I'm facing him sideways before leaning back so he swings right over me. I stand back up and twist myself around him so my elbow jabs directly into his kidney. Coupled with his momentum from the missed hit he stumbles forward off balance.

He whips around, clearly incensed at my hit on him. He throws fist after fist, elbow after elbow at me pushing me back, but I dodge and duck out of the way of them all. I distract him with a kick to the left but he must have predicted my tactic as he catches the next fist I send him with ease. He pulls on my arm so I'm flush against him and his heat is sending warm tingles throughout my body. He pins my other hand behind my back pressing me closer to him.

"Compromising position you've found yourself in, little dragon," he breathes against my ear.

I pretend to blush, rising slowly on my tip toes pressing my chest to his. It's not hard to pretend to be affected by him; his touch, his breath on my neck. I lean my head back as if offering my neck to him before head butting him square in the nose. It breaks instantly, blood pouring out of his nose. He immediately releases me but instead of looking upset like I expect, he grins wickedly.