Chapter 14

Happy Friday! Please vote and comment! 

—————

The water is delicious, it boils against my skin releasing an even hotter steam around me to bask in. I've never felt more at peace than I do in this water. It's unbothered by the heat I release into it, and it provides me silence and solace in return.

Seconds, minutes, hours later...the stillness is broken by a ripple through the water. I remain floating on my back, I won't allow anything to distract me from this peace.

More ripples follow the first, growing more urgent as they lap over me. I hold my ground, I won't be deterred. I continue to float despite the low growls that now send their own ripples across the water, down my spine, and directly to my molten core.

I stand up, and glance over my shoulder at the two white wolves peppered with black and grey patches. They're snarling, digging their paws into the muddy shallows of the lake. Keeping my back to them, I submerge myself under the water where I am safe from their growls and their stimulating scent. I float weightlessly in the clear, hot waters for a minute or two before coming up atlast for air.

When I break the surface of the water I am face to face with the twins. They're equally naked, standing in front of me in the water with black, lecherous eyes and parted lips. Varian puts his hands low on my waist and pulls me against him as Ro situates himself behind me, the curve of my body perfectly matching his.

Varian looks at me with a pained expression, searching my eyes for answers to an unspoken question. He lowers his head to my neck, Ro mirroring his actions on the other side.

I prepare myself to feel the sweet sear of their lips on my skin, but I'm met instead with an intense, sharp pain that shoots down my sides. I scream silently into the void that yearns to pull me under.

They've bitten me. Their jaws are still latched down on me. The pain subsides and a whirlpool of pleasure begins to suck me down to the bottom of the lake, into the abyss.

There is only heat, there is only darkness.

— — —

Syble (Magnolia)

I wake, startled, gasping for air and pawing at my neck. It felt so real. Every night it's the same dream. The details change but the outcome is the same, the feeling is the same. I'm not sure what to make of it, but what I do know is I haven't slept through the night once since being here. I haven't slept well in over a month if we're being completely honest, but it's particularly difficult here. The only thing that distracts me from my lack of sleep is training, and I've been doing a lot of it these last few days.

After that first day of training the rest of the week fell into a rhythm. Breakfast, training my class, kicking alpha ass during their training, lunch, meetings, and then the rest of the day is mine to do with as I wish. One day I went exploring within the boundaries of their territory, stalking through the woods. Incandis and I went for a few predawn flights, it felt nice to be up where the air is thin and crisp again.

By mid week the ladies of my group were getting through their circuits and miles more quickly so we began formal combat training. The week may have started off uneasy, but as it progressed the women showed up everyday with a better attitude and determination. They worked hard and I pushed them harder, a few of them even managed to get a few hits on me which was impressive. At this rate they'll be able to best the men's group with little difficulty.