Chapter 31

A very happy Friday to you all!

To all my new readers, thank you so much for voting and messaging me. I love interacting with you and am just genuinely thrilled that you're enjoying my story.

**If you haven't already seen it, please check out the newest BONUS chapter 26**

— — — — —

Varian 

"There's no use in waiting around here, they'll move her to her room to recover, so we might as well head over there now. Kat and I can fill you in on what happened while we wait for her to be transferred." Incandis holds his hand out to us but I'm not sure what he expects me to do with his outstretched hand.

"Grab on, I'll teleport us up to the palace."

Did he just say palace?  Kat links Ro and me.

I can't focus on anything right now beyond making sure my mate is alive and well. We grab on to Incandis' arm and we're again sucked into an endless, black void before landing in an enormous, bright, and spacious living area. There are fireplaces, couches, and bookshelves littered throughout the room. Actual living trees growing through the floor, some rising as tall as the ceiling. Pillars of twisting branches line the walls. The room is accented and decorated with impossible shades of blue and purple, colors that don't exist outside of this place.

Incandis leads us down a short hallway and into an office twice the size of ours. Immediately I recognize this as her office, her scent is everywhere, permanently ingrained into the very fabric of the room itself. I miss her instantly, my wolf crying out for his mate.

Stepping further into the room I notice that the back wall of the office isn't a wall at all. There are three archways next to one another that are completely open to a balcony outside.

A beautiful, white wooden desk sits on one end of her office, several crooked and curved bookshelves throughout, and a seating area consisting of six oversized armchairs in the shape of a U on the other end. Everything about this space reminds me of her — her personality, her warmth.

Incandis gestures to the armchairs and takes a seat across from where we stand. Kat, Ro, Runidar, and I all take a seat as well.

"I don't even know where to start. How the fuck did we end up here? And I don't mean just physically in this place I mean with my ma— with Syble nearly killed. Where the fuck were you?" I'm seething at Incandis. "And you Kat, you should have mindlinked us sooner!"

"We never should have split up in the first place, if she wasn't so fucking stubborn and just listened to us..." Ro says, running his hands through his hair.

We're both livid. Livid over our reckless, stubborn mate, mad at ourselves for not following after her anyway, not being there to protect her. I wish I could have taken that dagger for her. Now she fights for her life before we've had the chance to start one with her.

"If you expect anything less from her then you'll be continually disappointed. It's useless to debate what could or should have been, what's done is done." Incandis says to us.

"Start from the beginning, when we separated," Ro says slowly, trying to keep the temper out of his tone.

Incandis and Kat recount every moment between them taking off and us rejoining them. They found our guards and Kat helped them get to the exit while Syble and Incandis held off the attackers.