Chapter 21

Happy Friday!

Please vote and comment!

— — — — —

Syble (Magnolia)

I've never really understood people who enjoy shopping aimlessly for hours. Not that I'm not enjoying myself, but I can't see myself doing this on a regular basis. When I need something, I go to the store and buy it. I don't need to go from store to store. It's an extremely inefficient way to spend the day.

However inefficient it may be, Kat and I have managed to find not only outfits for her party tomorrow, but shoes, accessories, several casual outfits, and a few bathing suits as well.

We've been at it for almost three hours now so we decided to break for lunch at the food court.

"So, Kat, birthday tomorrow... you excited?" I sip happily on my smoothie.

"Yeah, for the most part." Kat smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.

My head tilts to the side, "what's the other part?"

She shakes her head, groans upwardly at the ceiling, and laughs to herself. "Nothing really, it's stupid."

"Oh no you don't, come on, spill it, what's on your mind?"

She smiles and rolls her eyes at my persistence. "It's nothing, it's just some guy I met recently."

I gesture with my hand for her to keep going.

"What's there to say? I'm pretty sure he's the one but I'm also pretty sure he's with someone else."

"Who is this chick? I'll get rid of her," I whisper conspiratorially to Kat.

She bursts out laughing, one hand over her mouth the other waving at me to stop my line of thinking.

"Okay but seriously, this guy, will he be at your party tomorrow?"

She nods mid chew.

"Well then there you go, I'll distract his date and you can pull him aside and tell him how you feel."

"Oh Syble... if only it were that easy." She sighs.

"It is that easy. Plus you're the birthday girl and you have two ferocious big brothers, he literally can't say no."

"Speaking of which, come on, there's one last store we need to go to."

I groan inwardly. Just when I think we're going to finally head back to the car she wants to pull me into another store.

We clean up our table and make our way over to the store. I'm soon standing at the threshold of a very pink, very intimate store.

"I don't think they sell dresses here Kat." I tease her as I look at the sea of lingerie before me.

"Astute observation, they sell what goes under the dress." She wiggles her brows and winks at me.

Runidar has flushed a shade of pink matching one of the model's lingerie. "I'll just wait out here for you, but please be quick." He says to us.

I follow Kat as she browses through the store, picking up various items and throwing them into her basket as she goes.

"Syble, your basket is completely empty." She admonishes me.

"I'm not sure your brothers will appreciate us misusing their money by buying lingerie." I tease her.

An impish grin spreads across her face. "They can afford it, plus imagine their faces if you showed up to the lake in this instead of a bikini." She holds up a black lace bra and tiny matching panties with a ribbon tied in a bow on the back.