Shocking News

💗Please COMMENT & VOTE💗

After dropping the kids off at the daycare, Jace drove his brother to the school.

"Hey, don't forget, the game starts at three" Jackson reminded his brother of his basketball match.

Jace smiled and gave his little brother a warm hug. "All the best for your game, buddy"

When his brother simply wished him luck for the game and did not mention anything about coming to watch it, Jackson pulled back and looked at him, his eyes flashing with anger. "You're not going to come, are you?"

"I'm sorry buddy, unfortunately I have to work this afternoon but I promise to take you and the kids out for ice cream this weekend" It pained him to see the disappointed expression on Jackson's face and he really hoped he could attend the game and make his brother happy.

Jackson scoffed bitterly. "Yeah right, you always have to work. You never have any time for me"

"Jackson please don't say like that. I said I'm sorry...."

"You know what, mom and dad would've never missed the game. Guess that makes it clear that you simply don't care about me" Jace could see the tears form in his brother's eyes and went to wipe them away.

"Jackson, please try to..." Jackson pushed his hand away and shot him an angry glare.

"Why don't you just send me off to an orphanage and be done with it when I am such a burden to you?" He snapped, turning his back to Jace, and stomped into the building ignoring his brother calling after him.

Seeing his brother walk away, Jace sighed in defeat. He dried the lone tear that had managed to escape from his eyes, and left.

That afternoon, Jace was cleaning the tables at the restaurant when Sean came by to have a chat with him. During their conversation, Jace told him about Jackson's basketball game and how he couldn't attend it. Sean shook his head in disappointment. "Come on, buddy, you should've gone to the game. You know Jackson is going to be really upset when you don't show up" He said, reprimandingly.

Jace sighed deeply. "I know, Sean. Jackson was so mad at me when I told him this morning but I don't have a choice. I need to work these extra shifts so I can pay for all the additional training sessions which will help him get better at the sport. Jackson really loves playing basketball and his coach said that he has a lot of potential. Despite his busy schedule, his coach has offered to train him in the evenings but you know how much those extra training sessions cost. If only I could find a way to be there and cheer for my baby brother..." Sean looked at his friend's dejected expression and felt bad for him.

"Hey, what if I go and...." Sean was interrupted when Jace's phone rang.

Looking at the caller id and seeing that it was an unknown number, Jace scrunched his face in confusion as he received the call. "Hello?"

"Is this Mr. Jace Norman?" A woman inquired from the other end of the line.

When Jace said yes, the woman started explaining him about who she was and why she had called him. Sean could only hear Jace's side of the conversation and the look on his friend's face scared him. Jace had turned pale and his hand was shaking as he held the phone.

After speaking for a few minutes, Jace thanked the lady and hung up the phone as Sean went over to him. "Buddy, what is it? Is everything alright?" He inquired, looking at the blank expression on his friend's face.

"Jace? Jace!? Buddy? Jace, what happened!?" Sean shook him a little bringing him back to the present.

"Yea....huh?" Jace looked back at his friend, tears welling in his eyes.