Chapter Fourteen

I stand surrounded by six undead people, each of them clawing and lunging for me in an attempt to transform me into a monster like them. I remove my knife from my belt and go to shove the blade onto the closest throat when I realise who it is.

My rotting father and mother growl and snarl as they attempt to rip my flesh. Neither recognise their oldest child and neither hold any love or memory. All they are, are empty shells of the beautiful people they once were.

I turn to find the next three undead to be my sisters. Elizabeth and Bethany stands with their dirty claws longing to shred me and to the side, stands Maggie as a short child. Her broken and rotting form only proves how horrendous the virus is for claiming her. Merely a child, that's all any of them were.

I turn to the final one to find it once again someone I love. Rotting flesh hide his dashing freckles and dying red hair is all that remains of his most identifying features. His once jade eyes are now milky and unseeing as he reaches for me and the sight of him like this breaks me.

_________________________________________

I snap awake besides Simon's pained form and sob. I hold onto him and sob as I remember the dream I had.

I cry as I hold him and wish everything was better.

I cry as I realise that I'm more of a murdered then the undead are. After all, it's all my fault those people were injured.

I've never seen the point in self hatred. Not until now anyway.