Chapter 26: Saw It Coming

Surprise! I am back. Sorry it took me two months to get this next chapter out there. I just had a lot on my plate and writing this story wasn't the first thing on my mind. 

Look out for the <>!

"Listen if you feel like you aren't up to it at any moment let me know and we can get you home," dad said as he parked into the parking lot a few days later.

I ended up taking him up on the offer to not go into training. I spent the time catching up on homework and taking a breather which, I needed. Although I resisted to roll my eyes at him. I had the stomach bug, I wasn't dying. "Thanks dad, I think I should be fine. If anything, I can retreat to your office."

"You can always do that."

I thought long and hard about coming to work today and I tried to convince myself it would be ok. It couldn't be too bad, right? The main reason I wanted to be here was to see Everett. I hadn't seen him since he was at my porch and already I couldn't stand the distance apart. Even though we texted, I wanted to be there in person to see him.

A frowned at myself as I repeated the last thought in my mind. I couldn't stand the distance? Was I turning into my sister? I wasn't sure but I don't think I liked it. My mind had always led my actions so why did I want my heart to pull the strings this time?

"Nojo, are you ready?" dad asked as he got out of the car, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head to clear any lingering worry from my mind and got out of the car. Instantly spotted Everett as he smiled at me. Wasting no time, he took sure steps towards me as if I was the only thing that mattered. In a matter of seconds, he was face to face with me. The close proximity caused my heart to pound within my chest as I looked into his dark green eyes. They held my captive for a moment as he stared back at me.

I used to hate him with everything being of my soul. I hated everything about him, and now it was like a flip of a switch and he was all I wanted. It was as if the word hate and Everett were never corollate. It made me wonder if these feelings were normal and if they were did my sister feel them before? This was all new to me and it made me slightly queasy to think about.

<>

A smile came to his lips as if he was thinking the same thing I was. He was mine. 

"Well, nice to see you up and early Everett," dad spoke up, reminding us that he was near. Maybe a little too near. 

Everett's attention turned to him with a nod. "Yeah, thought I would get some running in." 

"Yeah, sure... ok," dad said, not believing his words. Quickly he started towards the stadium, not waiting for us to move. "I'll give you some moments but please don't be too long." 

In the solitude, Everett turned back to me and wrapped his arms around my frame. "Hey." 

"Hey," I said as I held onto him with a smile, feeling myself melt just a little. His arms held me in ways that I never thought possible and I didn't want him to let go. "Where you waiting for me?"

He nodded as he pulled out of the embrace. "Of course I was."

I couldn't fight a goofy grin that came to my face, thinking he would do that for me. "I like that."

"And I like you," he said as he looked towards the stadium. "We probably should get in there before your dad questions our intentions." 

"You're probably right."

Everett chuckled as he looked down at me as he intertwined his hands with mine. 

They felt massive compared to my small ones, but he held it perfectly like a glove, leaving all fingers in a perfect embrace.