10| The D word

~Alina~

Reece was in the drivers seat when I got in the car. I put the check in my clutch and told Reece to hit the gas.

"Are you hungry? Because I am. Those portions were entirely too small." he rambled.

When we came to a stop. I turned his head to mine. "You're literally the greatest human on planet earth." 

He smiled at me. "Wait wait can you say that again. I want that as my ring tone." he fumbled with his phone and shoved his face away.

"Nope. Only saying it once." I said looking out the window to the pitch black night sky. "But really thank you."

"You're dads pretty cool." he said turning into the parking lot of a mexican restaurant.

"Yeah he is." I smiled.

Before we went in I pulled all the pins out of my hair. Reece was checking himself out in the rear view mirror. "Hey Ian Somerhalder! Help me with this clip?" I pulled my hair away from my neck.

"Imma take that as a compliment because Ian S. is smokin' hot." he said. His fingertips brushed the back of my neck and sparks flew through my body. "It's literally pitch black. I can't see a thing." I reached back and directed his hand to the top of neck.

"Feel it?" I asked.

"Yeah." he whispered. He pulled the clip out and I turned around. "Ta da!" he said holding the clip up. I took the cup from his hand, our fingers touching again.

The little connection spending a weird feeling through my body. I didn't know what it was but I knew I wanted to touch him again.

"Ready to eat?" I said breaking the silence.

After we were seated in a booth, Reece complained about a 'draft' and sat beside me.

"So?" I said leaning head into my hand. "You sitting beside me... Does this qualify as a d-d. I'm sorry. I can't say it." Reece chuckled. "The D word." I whispered.

"Im not sure." he said mimicking me and leaning his head into his palm. "Do you want it to be?"

Before I could answer a waiter came around and took our order.

After she left Reece opened his mouth to say something but his phone rang. "I swear to god
if this is Tucker-" he fished his phone out of his pocket.

"Hey Tucker." I said waving. Tuckers face popped up on the screen. He had set it down on there counter and was standing in their kitchen shirtless.

"What do you want man?" Reece said.

"Where are y'all?" Tucker said.

"Eating." Reece said plainly.

"Oh are the parents there?" he got real close to the camera and whispered 'the parents' like he was afraid he'd got to hell for saying it. 

"No we left my parents house. We're at a mexican restaurant now." I said.

"Ooo where? I'll come meet y'all." Tucker said throwing a ripped up tank top over his head.

I could tell Reece was about to tell him to leave us alone but I didn't trust myself to be with Reece much longer, alone. Our relationship had to be strictly friends.

"3rd Street. Mi Pueblo." I said before Reece could say anything. He turned to look at me. And I waved goodbye and ended the call.

Tucker arrived 5 minutes later. I would have thought he would bring Callum or Caspian but he was alone. He slid into the booth across from us.

"Sup shawty." he said high-fiving me. He rubbed his arms. "There's some kind of draft blowing." he shivered. He looked up and around him to find the location of the draft.

"Not even going to lie, I thought you made that up to sit beside me." I whispered in Reece's ear.

"How dare you?" he said looking hurt. "I would never lie." he whispered and we both laughed.

The waiter came over and gave us our food and took Tuckers. "Chimichanga and all this is on my ticket." he waved his hand around the table. The waiter walked away and I turned to Tucker.

"I can pay for my own."

Tucker rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone. "God you're worse that Reece." he angled his phone up. "Say suck-it-Hali." he snapped the picture and turned back to us.

Seconds later I got a text from Hali.

Hali: If you get any salsa on my dress I will kill you

She sent it with the knife emoji and I laughed. I set my phone back down and dug my fork into my chicken cheese and rice.

"God, you're so white." Tucker said.

With a mouthful of CC&R, I said, "Excuse me?"

"Chicken, Cheese, and Rice? That's like the equivalent of getting chicken nuggets."

"Tucker you got chicken nuggets last week for lunch." Reece said.

Tucker fell silent and Reece and I laughed.