22| let me be all yours...

~Reece~

"This is kidnapping." she said. She looked over at me and I couldn't force myself to look at her.

From the second she tapped on my window I haven't breathed. Maybe because she looked like a goddess in that dress. Or the fact that she gave my family $40,000. Can't breathe.

It was pouring down raining and I could barely see the road. "Reece pull over. It's to dangerous to drive." she said.

I did what she said and put my hazard lights on. I turned to look at her. "My family got a letter recently. Unknown author. But this person sent them $40,000." I said everything slowly.

She looked out the window. "That's awesome. But what does that have to do with me?"

I scooted into the middle seat, needing to be nearer to her.

"Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I did just kidnap you. Please tell me you didn't send my family that letter."

"So what if I did? Look I'm sorry, I didn't know you would be mad. And I know you don't like charity but I'm not taking it back. I wasn't using that money. They need it more than I do. So I'm not sorry." she was looking right at me now.

"I'm not mad." I say. I scoot closer. "I'm grateful. And I tried to forget about you. I really did. Because that's what you wanted. But you can't give me a letter and a box full of our memories and give my parents 40k and not ask me to fight for you. That's not how that works, Alina..."

I blinked and all the sudden my lips are on hers. I'm not sure who kissed who but she was kissing me back so I went with it.

Her legs stretched out under mine and she slid down across the seat. My elbows rested on either side of her head and her hands roamed down up into my hair.

I didn't want anyone else. For the rest of my life I wanted her lips on mine. Her in my arms. And I think I've known that for a while.

I pulled away from her. "I-I can't." I staggered backwards.

"Reece..."

"Why did you end this the first time? I don't know and I think I deserve too..."

She shook her head and looked down. "I..." she took a breath. "My coach told me this story about her and this guy. She didn't go to the Olympics for him and he just broke her heart-"

"I would never hurt you."

"I know," she says with little smile. "That's the problem though... Olympics is in Paris. And my training is in LA. And I know if I asked... you would follow me to LA and I can't let you do that." there was a moment of silence where neither of us talked.

"So that's why you ended things?" I said.

"Yeah. I'm not going to be the reason you don't go pro. But ice skating is too important to me... I can't give that up either. And I thought that eventually I'd get over you and be able to move on but I can't."

The little air we had in the car was getting stuffy. The tiny car light was getting dimmer and would most likely go out soon, leaving us in the dark.

"So what do we do?" I ask breathlessly. I just want to touch her. I scoot into the middle seat and she shrugs.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" she laughed. "I'm the one who thought it would be a good idea if we broke up."

"Which it wasn't." I say and she laughs. God, I love that laugh. I love her. "We do long distance after college? Or I sign with Los Angeles Kings. I-I don't know I just know I can't not be with you." I places a hand on her thigh. "Say something."

"I just want you to be happy." she breathes.

"You make me happy."

"But what would you do if you couldn't play hockey? You know, for a living?"

"Culinary school. I've thought about it a lot actually. And who says a team would sign me anyways."

"There going to want to." she says leaning closer to me. We stay silent for a long time just watching each other.

"I love you. And I know you love me so let us be happy. I just want to be all yours. Please let me..."

She answers with a kiss. Her lips pressed to mine. She feels so warm and so right. Rain beats against the windows and the tiny light flickers and then goes
out.

This is the part in the movie that the camera would turn away from the truck so they wouldn't see what we did next.