Story 5 obsessive stalker

The following story/stories have been either submitted by one of my readers or found online.

..........

I’ve been putting this answer off for over a year but I think I’m ready to share the full story…

2010 was when it all started.

A cousin, whom I didn’t know at the time had an obsession with me, asked for my email so that he could share religious teachings.

Being 13 and naïve, I did just that; gave him the email address and watched it all unfold like a movie. I trusted him, I mean, after all, he was my blood?

Initially, the conversations were innocent, he taught me about my religion. I appreciated it. But it turned sinister when he became obsessive.

“Reply to me right now!”
And I did…

“Reply to me now or I’m going to kill myself!”
And I did…

Until I decided not to reply to him.
He hacked my email address, took screenshots of my conversations and blackmailed me.

“If you don't reply I'm showing this to your parents.”
The idea of my parents being involved terrified me, and so I carried the torment and continued giving in to his wishes.
Who knew it would get worse from here?

“Reply to me right now or I’m going to call your parents!”
And he did. He called my landline phone at 7 am as I was getting ready for school. My sister grabbed the phone and passed it over to me.

“Send me a picture of yourself in a hijab or I’ll call your father!”
And I did.

The picture was of me draped in a scarf, wearing modest clothing because that’s what he wanted.
I thought the blackmailing would stop, but it didn’t. He found me on every social media, started leaving horrible posts on my Facebook page, tweeting me with unknown accounts. He even found my skype account, despite me using a false name?

 He even found my skype account, despite me using a false name?

He would send creepy messages,

“My eyes laid on you when you were 10 and I knew from that moment you were going to be my wife.”

“You have no choice but to marry me. If you reject, I’ll come to your house and take you.”

This continued for seven years - during which my parents were also being harassed by him.
Finally 20-years-old, he stopped messaging me for a year and I had hoped that was the end of it. But of course, it wasn’t. He started attacking my then best friend, contacted the charities I was involved in, sent us a video of him having an exorcism until the final straw hit…

He contacted my University telling them I was going to kill myself when that was not the case. During that period I was content and happy.

I was confronted by my tutor, taken in for a meeting, and I froze in silence. My mouth shivered, tears rolled down effortlessly, my feet tapped against the carpet; she knew I was desperate for help. She made me aware that I was a victim of emotional abuse and that I needed to tell the police. I was scared. I couldn't have my parents involved!

After interviews and evidence, the psycho contacted me again

After interviews and evidence, the psycho contacted me again. Mentally shattered, I called 111 and regurgitated my story with a broken voice. They escalated my case further and labelled it as ‘domestic abuse and forced marriage’.

I was assigned an amazing police officer to my case. My family, however, gave me no support. My father wished I hadn’t been born. My mother would wake up in the middle of the night experiencing anxiety attacks. My siblings were oblivious. I caused so much pain. I was disgusted at myself and attempted suicide with a knife to my stomach.

I continued to lie to my parents, telling them I was going to University lectures when in actuality I was at the police station. I was busted the day they asked my parents for an interview. You can imagine how that went down…

For three months I wore a tracker around my neck, in case he attempted to kidnap me.
Five months into the case we finalized a court date. I attended with the little strength I had left within me and won.

The psycho received an order with at least 20 clauses. If he breaks even one rule, he’ll be behind bars.
I’ve had a year of silence after 9 years of abuse. I pray every day that he’ll vanish into thin air. For sure, someday he’ll pay the price for the damage he’s caused. That’s a promise.

To anyone reading this who’s experiencing abuse of any kind, I know how difficult it is to speak up...

....

How damn unfair are her parents? Aren't they supposed to help her when she is mentally hurting? I hope they understand that it wasn't her fault entirely, she was 13 and innocent, she didn't wanna get them involved in his sick blackmailing.

If there's anyone who is going through this, never allow that person to fucking ruin you and be brave, tell your loved ones right away, they might scold you but will also help your ass so freaking open up!

Stay tuned for the next chapters.

Once again this book contains only real-life events, not made up stories.

Thank you very much for reading.

If you want your stories to be published here, private message me and get a chance to have your story in this book.

Next chapter: Haunted hotel

Word count : 916