Story 6 Haunted Hotel

The following story/stories have been either submitted by one of my readers or found on other websites.

..........

It was in May of 2015. I was in my best friend’s wedding outside of San Antonio, Texas. We figured why not make it a trip and stayed the night in San Antonio the evening before.

Being thrifty and a mom, I’m always in search of a good bargain. So, I figured why not try out Priceline to get a good deal on a nice hotel.

The hotel I ended up getting was the Emily Morgan Hotel in downtown San Antonio across from the Alamo. When the name of the hotel was displayed I didn’t think much of it.

But after a quick search online I found a lot of unsettling news. The hotel was supposedly haunted. There were countless retellings of strange encounters from guests.

The hotel was constructed in the early 1900’s, and was once a medical facility with a morgue and a psychiatric ward.

I’ve stayed at a hotel before that was supposedly haunted on my honeymoon in New Orleans, and I figured nothing will happen. No biggie. (The one in NOLA is the Hotel Monteleone, btw)

When we arrived at the hotel, it was eerily quiet. We went to the front desk to check in, and I couldn’t help myself and asked if the hotel was in fact haunted. He just smiled. I should have known.

We took the elevator up to what I thought was our floor and I walked out

We took the elevator up to what I thought was our floor and I walked out. I remember my husband asking me, “Babe, what are you doing?” as I stepped off the elevator. Wrong floor…none of us had even pushed the button for this floor.

The air was cold, damp, and I felt something strange in the air. I turned around to get back on the elevator.

My husband looked at me and asked me what had just happened to my face. From my ear to my mouth was a giant red scratch running down the side. Like the kind you get when you run your fingernail down your skin. I gasped as I looked into the mirrored elevator walls. I tried to brush this off, I didn’t want to scare our children.

We dropped our bags off and decided to go see the sights for a bit

When we came back it was relatively late, close to 9PM. We all got ready for bed. My husband slept in the bed with our daughters, and I in the bed with our son as I was nursing and this made the most sense.

I remember watching basketball on television before drifting off to sleep. Well, sleep probably isn’t the right word. I was awakened all night long by strange and unexplainable things.

The first was sirens. Loud sirens. I’d shoot up and look around. My whole family was still asleep. I must be dreaming. Then, I was awakened because of how cold it was in the room. Unnaturally cold. I got up to look at the thermostat had been changed to 55 degrees. This can’t be right. Then there was the repeated toilet flushing in our room. No one was up using the restroom.

The last of the events was enough to keep me awake for the rest of the night. My covers had been thrown across the room and were crumpled up against the wall by the television. This was too much for me to think something paranormal wasn’t taking place.

We left the hotel relatively early the next morning as I wanted nothing more to get out of and away from there. You could not pay me money to stay there again.

 You could not pay me money to stay there again

.............

Stay tuned for the next chapters.

Once again this book contains only real-life events, not made up stories.

Thank you very much for reading.

If you want your stories to be published here, private message me and get a chance to have your story in this book.

Next chapter: Highway

WC: 666