TSDBU: [11]

---
--
-

[11]

A young female caretaker noticed the eighty-one-year-old Xiao Weiyuan sitting on the garden bench, watching as the summer butterflies dance above the blooming flowers.

Despite the summer weather, the old man was wearing a tattered and faded old scarf around his neck. Everyone knew how precious the scarf was for the old man and wouldn't take it off so whenever he was asleep, they would secretly wash it and dry it so he could wear it right away.

Xiao Weiyuan kept his eyes on the garden until nightfall without moving away from the bench.

The same female caretaker approached him. "Grandpa Xiao~ it's time for dinner."

Xiao Weiyuan blankly looked at her, tremblingly stood up from the bench and followed her in.

Returning to his room after dinner with slow steps, Xiao Weiyuan rummaged through his small cabinet.

He took out an old dusty shoe box and from the inside, he grabbed the old jacket that came with the scarf. He patted it twice, dusting it off then took it to his bed.

Xiao Weiyuan evened his pillow and lay down. He patted the scarf on his neck and hugged the old jacket.

He closed his eyes, he saw a ball of light.

When he touched it, it scattered around him before turning into images, his forgotten memories coming back to him.

The day their first met.

The promises they shared.

The happiest moments in their lives.

Yan Guang's image was smiling at him with open arms.

Overwhelmed, Xiao Weiyuan broke down in tears and ran into his arms.

Xiao Weiyuan died at the age of eighty-one years old.

The Short Distance Between UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara