- 46 -

"W-Will you go to Hogsmeade with me?" 

Don't get it? Don't worry, you're most certainly not going crazy. You did read it right! But how? Well, surprisingly, it started with Severus. 

"How else can I possibly thank you?" Severus gushed in a very un-severus way. Davina grumbled under her breath before shoving the boy and enveloping him in a huge hug. When they separated Davina grinned. 

"That's good enough for me," she cheered. Severus flushed a brilliant red before walking away, grumbling under his breath. She grinned as he walked around the corner before continuing her way to the great hall. 

The incident with Severus and Lily was old news. When everyone saw them sitting together and eating the next day, it was easily forgotten. The Marauders of course, made no such comment when the boy sat with Lily (only after a stern glare from the witch herself). 

Severus and Remus on the other hand had soured out. Severus was no longer friendly with Remus and Davina couldn't honestly say that she blamed him. If Harry were in that position, she would've stood up for him, maybe even punched the git. But that would've most been for her. 

Upon reaching the great hall, she reached a point at the table where the 6th years normally sat. She noticed that the girls and the boys were somewhat missing. She wasn't concerned. They seemed to be disappearing all the time and it was often hard to keep track of their adventures. The girls on the other hand often came and left early. Blair was in her 7th year so she was pretty much studying all the time and Maisie had found a new 'friend' in Ravenclaw. 

She felt someone slide into the chair next to her and stiffened slightly. 

"Well aren't you a pretty bird?" Someone cooed in her ear. She felt a hand slowly twirl a piece of her hair in between two fingers. 

"Can I help you?" she scowled, moving away from the man next to her. 

"Don't be that way sweetheart," the man pouted. "The name's Avery, don't wear it out." 

She cringed internally. She could only hope that he realised how stupid he sounded. She glanced at him and immediately grimaced. Moments like this often made Davina question her sexuality. 

"I won't" she said, pursing her lips together. She could only hope that he got the idea but clearly, that didn't work. 

"I heard," he continued. "That you were friendly with Black?"

She furrowed her eyebrows at that. 

"Well Sirius is in my house, it only makes sense-"

"Not that Black," he interrupted. 

"Reggie?" She questioned. 

"Pet names now?" The man scowled. Davina frowned. 

"Regulus is my friend, I'll call him whatever the hell I like."

That comment only seemed to anger the man. She watched as he stood up and bent down so that his face was right in front of hers. She could feel his nasty breath on her face, invading her personal space. 

"If you were my wife, I'd have put you in your place," he exclaimed with a sadistic grin. "Nothing a good crucio can't fix." 

Davina felt her breath quicken. She hated that she found her panic setting in but she couldn't help it. His cruel smile, threats and motions all sent her back to war times. 

"You should move if you know what's good for you," a voice growled. Her wide eyes found Sirius standing, fists clenched by his side. 

"Well if it isn't the blood traitor," he hummed. "Come to take the whore then?" 

Sirius attempted to lunge at the man but was stopped when someone placed his hand on his shoulder. 

"Avery," Remus greeted politely. 

"Who do you think you are muttering my name?" Avery snarled. 

Remus's eyes glowed a brief gold, showing the presence of his anger, before simmering back into their beautiful amber colour. 

"50 points off Slytherin," he said calmly. Avery lunged at Lupin but stopped when Remus's hand wound around his neck. 

"Make one wrong move and I'm going to make you regret the day you were born," he snarled quietly, looking Avery dead in the eye. Avery growled lowly, before removing himself and storming away. 

"Keep your whore then," he yelled, turning around the corner. 

"You alright Vina?" James asked, attempting to comfort her. Davina didn't respond, digging her nails into the skin of her upper arm harshly. He scooped her up in a hug and moved her arms away, letting small drops of blood swell from her arm. 

"You're alright," he reassured. He noticed that Davina's eyes were completely hollow and she seemed to be far off in space. He clicked his fingers in front of her face but nothing brought her out her haze. 

He turned to Sirius, who shrugged his shoulders, unsure on what to do. Davina seemed to have shaken her gaze and returned back to the presence. 

"I'm a-alright," she murmured, moving out of James's grasp. She turned around before rushing back to the common room, away from the marauders and everyone else. She could feel Remus's gaze on the back of her neck but made no move to acknowledge it. 

She came down from her dorm after dinner. She didn't feel up to socialising but she knew that if she didn't go down, someone was going to be sent up to bring her down. In her original timeline, Harry knew there were days where Davina didn't want to socialise. He acknowledged them and he didn't bother her until the next day which he always seemed to start with a hug. She missed those days. 

"I- I'm not doing it." 

She could recognise Lupin's voice anywhere, despite the nervous tone he took up. She furrowed her eyebrows, confused at what had caused his nervousness.

"You have too!" A voice cheered. 

"I agree with Sirius," a feminine voice stated. "You should go for it."

"But-"

"No cuts, no buts, no coconuts," A voice sang. Most of the group started to laugh at that. When she came down the laughter abruptly cut. 

Davina glanced at the crowd wearily. Maybe she should've stayed up in her room. 

"Am I interrupting something?" 

"No!" Sirius jumped. "No, No definitely not, in fact we're interrupting something!" 

James slapped him forehead. 

"We're going to go," Lily claimed, dragging both boys away from the scene. 

"Is everything alrig-"

"W-Will you go to Hogsmeade with me?"