[9] An idea

"it's in the eyes, it's always in the eyes"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

Harper comes flying into my house, "I've got an idea bitches!"

I groan and roll out of my warm, comfortable bed.

Walking down the stairs, I spot Jemma giggling about this new, probably bad, idea.

I reach the couch, now filled with Aspen and Beth as well, and sit down.

"Ok, let's hear this genius idea of yours," I prepare myself.

"Don't sound so concerned, Dell," Aspen reassures me.

"Yeah, I think it's a great idea!" Beth joins in, apparently everyone knows her idea but me.

Jemma just continues to laugh, nodding her head.

"We're going somewhere tonight," Harper adds, yet not giving me very much detail. "But I'm going to need you to agree before I tell you what we're doing."

Oh no. That cannot mean this idea is something I will enjoy. Then again, if it involves leaving my house, I'm pretty certain I won't love it.

Weirdly enough, I feel like I need to have a night out, so I agree.

Harper squeals, "We're going to go to the school's first hockey game of the season!"

At first, I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean it's definitely not my first choice, but why not.

But then realization sets in.

"You set me up!" I yell at all 4 girls surrounding me.

"I am not going to go. Sterling does not need my presence fulling his already huge ego,"  I try and back out, "I'm sure one of his many girlfriends can do that for me."

"Someone sounds a little jealous," Aspen teases, so I chuck a pillow at her face.

"I am not."

"Great! So then you won't have any issues coming to the game and seeing the girls flock after him," Beth adds, knowing how to push my buttons to get me to agree.

My stubbornness fails me and I comply despite my many reservations.

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

It's now later that evening, and after doing a good chunk of my school work, I feel okay to get out of the house.

I put on a little light makeup and dress as warmly as possible.

Beth gives my hand a squeeze when she sees how tense I look. While the girls are distracted trying to figure out what to do with their hair, Beth whispers, making sure no one else hears, "I know you're nervous, but you look great. Plus, I already know you're going to put a smile on his face."