[11] Just distracted

"i like noticing the details that no one else sees"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

"Theo?" I try and get his attention.

Nothing.

"Holloway." I try out his last name instead.

"Hmm?" He mumbles, still looking down at his phone.

I look around at the rest of the team in the locker room to see if anyone else knows what's going on with him. If this was Luke, Owen, or Mason I wouldn't think much of it. But Theo? No, somethings up.

All the guys start piling out of the room, already ready for practice. Instead of joining the group, I stay behind with Theo.

"Bro, what is up with you?" I try and figure out what has someone who is notoriously never distracted.

"Sorry man," he starts, "Just texting someone is all, I'm good though, no need to worry."

I try and fight the instincts of asking who it is. Theres no time to get all Sherlock Holmes, I'm captain and I need to be out with the team.

"Alright, just get out quickly. We're starting shortly."

He nods and starts to get ready as I walk away and to the rest of the team.

Weird. Very weird.

"Is he alright?" Mason asks, clearly sharing the same concern I did.

"He says he's fine," I look back at the locker room and shrug my shoulders, "Just distracted and texting someone, I guess"

"A girl?" Mason tries to figure it out.

I chuckle, "Maybe. We can torture him about it after practice."

Theo walks out and we all get started.

After a few hours of countless drills, and a quick work out at the gym we all call it quits.

I head back to the locker room, change, and take a fast shower.

I'm walking out of the rink and to my car with the rest of the boys when I'm stopped by the most annoying girl on the planet.

"Hey Sterling," She tries to speak in the flirty voice, desperately failing.

"Abigail, is it?"

She shoots me a fake, slightly embarrassed smile, "Adeleine, but close."

Luke and Owen snicker to themselves. They hate this girl almost as much as I do. She's constantly around us, trying to go out with me again.

It's clear she hears their laugh when she shoots the two guys one of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen.