[40] Hide and seek

"You are the sweetest feeling I know"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

"Alright, Charles! You better be ready, I'm coming out!" I yell from the kitchen.

I'm currently playing hide and seek with Charlotte. Oh, Owen and Luke too. Obviously, I'm the seeker and they're hiding.

Boy do I love Charlotte, but god does she suck at this game. For some reason, she insists on hiding in the same place every time.

She had a day off school today and my dad couldn't get out of his meetings so I picked her up and brought her here.

I walk around the house and begin my hunt. After about a minute I manage to find Luke and Owen who are both in the worst hiding spots. I mean there aren't many great hiding spots for tall and built guys in our small house, so it's an easy job for me.

"Is she in the same spot again?" Luke asks as Owen puts back the clothes he dumped out of his laundry basket for his hiding spot.

"Probably," Owen chuckles.

"Why don't we walk around for a little bit longer, pretend it's hard to find her. She'll love it."

So that's what the three of us do. We spend the next couple minutes walking around the house and talking loudly about how great of a hider she is.

Eventually, we decide it's time to find her, so we walk over to the cabinet she always squeezes into. Her giggling is audible through the wood and I just about melt at the noise.

"We found you, Charles!" I open the door.

"I won!" She jumps out. "Yay!"

We spend the rest of the afternoon playing board games with her and watching a movie.

Now, she's asleep with her head in my lap as Frozen plays in the background. Afraid of waking her up, I don't move. Instead, I close my eyes and fall asleep too.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, startling me awake. I look down at my phone and answer the call.

"Hey, Coach? Is everything okay?"

"Sorry about this, Blake, but apparently I'm going on a small trip this weekend with my wife, and I need to cancel practice. I'm rescheduling it for later today, in about half an hour. I need you to call the guys and get everyone to the rink."

I sigh as I look down at Charlotte's sleeping body. I hate that I need to leave her. "Alright, will do," I say as I end the call.

I shoot my dad a text telling him I need to take Charlotte back home but he's stuck in an important meeting and won't be able to watch her.

Think, Sterling.

Who can watch Charlotte?

The babysitter isn't free and the boys need to be at practice with me. I would ask Daisy but I know she's studying tonight.