12

; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫.

"... should we wake them up before Mikasa sees?"

"... nah, let's leave them, it'll be funny..."

"What are you two gawking at?"

Upon arriving at their designated campsite for the night before the others, Jean had promptly gotten off and headed straight to the nearest bush to take a much needed leak. A few minutes after he had finished his business and returned to wake his sleeping passengers, the others all pulled up to the site.

As Armin and Mikasa wordlessly unloaded their own horses, Connie and Sasha had taken the liberty of rushing to the cart to get a sneak peek at [Name] and Eren. 

They were not disappointed.

Reaching the cart, Jean raised an eyebrow and peered into the cart over Sasha and Connie's heads.

"OI!"

Unbeknownst to [Name] and Eren, somewhere along the journey they had ended up lying squashed up next to each other in the middle of the cart. [Name] lay flat on her back with her arms and legs spread out, with the edge of the cloth that had been wrapped around their supplies completely obscuring her face.

"Is [Name] breathing?" inquired Sasha, leaning forward and peeking under the cloth to have a look at [Name]'s face.

"Not for long—Mikasa's coming!"

While [Name]'s position in itself was not an issue, Eren's was. 

He lay curled up into [Name]'s side with his head resting on her right arm and his left arm on her chest, loosely clutching the material of her shirt. Irate at the pair's intimate placement, Jean leaned back and kicked the side of the cart. The vibrations and loud noise simultaneously woke the two, who both gasped loudly as their eyes flew open.

"I'M AWAKE!" screeched [Name], flailing her legs and free arm wildly as Eren rolled over onto his back while still laying on her arm. "WHERE AM I?! WHO'S THERE?!"

Seeing nothing but complete darkness and unable to feel her right arm, [Name] continued her shrieking. Her volume made Eren sit up with a loud, drawn-out groan.

"Eren? Did you get enough rest?" Mikasa joined Jean's side, looking over to see how Eren was faring. Disappointed that the pair had broken from their positions before Mikasa could see, Connie and Sasha skulked off in defeat while Jean remained glaring at them.

"Yeah, I'm fine now..." mumbled the Jaeger, rubbing his eyes with one hand and removing the cloth that was covering [Name]'s face with the other. When she was exposed to the sunlight, [Name] finally ceased her squirming and allowed herself to relax with a loud sigh.

"Good. Let's start setting up our tents."

Mikasa held out a hand and beckoned for Eren to jump down from the cart, which he did so accordingly. [Name] was left lying flat on her back with her eyes closed as she waited for the circulation in her right arm to return, but she found that she wouldn't be left in peace.

"Help me unload," glowered Jean, untying the rope that held their supplies together and throwing it at her face. [Name] cried out in surprise as it hit her on the nose, and sat up glaring at the Kirstein.

"You wish! Get away from me, pervert!"

"I—what? Unload the cart, dumbass!"

*

"... we need to add some more salt."

"More? Are you kidding me?"

While Mikasa, Eren, and Armin patrolled the perimetre of their campsite for the night, Connie and Sasha were off collecting wood for their fire, and finally, [Name] and Jean had been left in charge of making dinner. The estimated length of their journey to the edge of the island where the Marleyan port lay was about five days, where they would swap over with those already positioned there.