16

; 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞... 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐠 𝐦𝐞.

3 years ago

"Well... we've officially graduated now."

"Survey Corps, huh."

Fresh graduates [Name] and Jean met in a small garden away from the barracks for some privacy and quiet, absorbing the weight of the responsibilities that had been placed upon their shoulders now that they were fully fledged members of the Survey Corps.

"[Name], look." Jean sighed, and looked up at the night sky. "I... I think we should stop this."

Whether [Name] was heartbroken, or livid, or relieved, Jean couldn't tell. Her demeanour remained the same, and her face was unreadable.

"N-Not because of you!" hurriedly added the Kirstein. "It's just- it's a lot different now! We're in the real world now, and... I don't know what I would do if something were to happen to you. I don't want that to happen to you, either. The Survey Corps... we joined knowing all the perils that come with being in it, but... I don't know. I just... yeah..."

Seeing that [Name] was showing no reaction, Jean trailed off in a mumble as [Name] stared at the pond before her.

"Logical. I accept." Her voice was blunt, making Jean wonder whether she even liked him to begin with. "I wouldn't want to worry about you all the time either. It would get in the way of my duties and affect my abilities as a shoulder."

Jean frowned at her harsh words, grumbling, "Well, when you put it that way..."

However, [Name] turned her head and looked at Jean, unwavering.

"I have a question for you before we go our separate ways."

"Man..." Jean scratched his head. "If it's about when we tried to have s-"

"No. And that didn't count, you couldn't even get it in."

"It's not my fault you have a brick hard hy-"

"Anyways." [Name] cut off Jean's quips, no longer inclined to entertain his childish questions at such a crucial time in their relationship. Well, the end of it. "Answer me honestly. Do you still have feelings for Mikasa?"

Jean's eyes widened, and his reply was hampered by hesitation.

That was all the confirmation [Name] needed.

"Of course not, but I admire her as a soldier," Jean finally burst out, a little too late for [Name]'s liking.

"If I were as good of a soldier as Mikasa, would you still be proposing we break up?"

"I... uh..." Now flushed with embarrassment, Jean avoided [Name]'s gaze.

"So even in the end, I was still the second choice. Now what? Gonna try and win Mikasa over with your skills on the battlefield?"

"That's not true! You know I love you!"

"You literally told me three months into dating that you only asked me out to get over Mikasa. Now that I look at it, I was really dumb to keep dating you after that. Damn."

"[Name], please, listen to-"

"It's fine, I understand. I'm not Mikasa. And I never will be, so it's good that we end this here instead of wasting more of each other's time. And don't say you love me, Jean. We're fifteen, for fuck's sake. What do we know about love? Fuck all."

"Can I-"

[Name] rose to her feet, her composed face masking her turmoil of emotions within.

"No, you can't. Don't talk to me about this again. It never happened." 

𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | eren jaegerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara