13

; 𝐢 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

"They'll be arriving within the week. Our plan will go forward from here."

As [Name] lay in the tent that she shared with Mikasa and Sasha, Eren's words to her before they had left the walls remained on repeat in her head. She had promised her heart and her whole being to supporting the Jaeger and his cause, but now that the time was nigh to follow through with her oath... she didn't know how to feel.

Now that they had reached the port, their previous routine had changed. Eren's duty was to remain on the beach at all times in case a Marleyan ship arrived, so that he would be able to transform into his titan form and deal with them. The six remaining scouts were paired off and rotated between day watch, night watch, and camp sitting.

Although the very thought of their plan progressing was what was keeping [Name]'s mind running amok, Sasha's loud, obnoxious snoring beside her also played a part in her inability to sleep.

"God, why couldn't you share a tent with Connie?"

[Name] grumbled to herself and sat up in her sleeping bag, unsure of how many more sleepless nights she would be able to endure. On the nights that the self-named "Team Meatheads"—or to be more precise, Connie and Sasha—were put on night patrol, [Name] was able to sleep soundly with Mikasa by her side. But on the nights when Mikasa and Armin—aptly named "Team Titan"—were on night duty with Eren, [Name] suffered.

As if taunting [Name] for being unable to sleep, Sasha's roaring snores only grew louder, and the Cordtz finally gave up.

"Fuck! I'd rather sleep with the boys!"

Leaping to her feet, [Name] snatched up her sleeping bag and stomped out of her tent, heading over to the other one pitched on the opposite end of their campsite. Without any word of warning, she opened the entrance and poked her head in, and heard hushed whispers suddenly go completely silent.

"What? Are you two gossiping old ladies still awake?"

"What do you want?"

"Sasha's snoring again. Move over and let me sleep here."

"We can't all fit in here!"

Certain that the person she was arguing with was Jean, [Name] felt around the tent with her foot and kicked the nearest body she felt, earning a loud, "Ouch! Why'd you kick me for?!"

"Oh, shit. Sorry, Connie."

"Fine, I'll go sleep with Sasha!" came the Springer's exasperated voice, followed by the sound of him gathering his sleeping bag and rolling towards the entrance. "Her snoring isn't that bad!"

"You're one to talk, your snoring is just as bad," came Jean's voice. "I'm sure you and Sasha will just end up having a snoring competition."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever! Make sure you two don't get up to anything naughty!"

[Name] let out an indignant gasp and kicked Connie once more as he stumbled out of the tent with a loud laugh, before setting down her sleeping bag in the space that he had just vacated and plonking herself down onto the ground with a loud huff. She lay shoulder to shoulder with Jean, and once they had finally settled down, [Name] closed her eyes with a loud sigh.

Uninterrupted silence befell the pair, and just when she thought she was about to get some decent sleep, [Name] surprised both herself and Jean by blurting out, "I want to talk."

"... huh?" 

Jean's voice was a slurred grumble. He had obviously been on the brink of slumber before being rudely pulled away by [Name]'s sudden statement.