ten ~ a blast from the past - pt. 3

The following day while checking your phone, you received a random text

The following day while checking your phone, you received a random text. Staring at it for a while, debating on what to reply.

Jungkook was still in the shower, singing beautifully at the top of his lungs. You immensely missed his singing voice.

Imma leave the door open (imma leave the door open)

Imma leave the door open girl (imma leave the door open, hoping)

That you feel the way I feel

And you want me like I want you tonight, baby

You giggled at his passion. You imagined him with bubbles in his hair, holding onto the shampoo bottle, like he was putting on a private show for himself.

La-la-la, la-la-la-la (I need you, baby)

He continued humming the rest of the song before shutting off the water, which snapped you back to reality, remembering to respond to the text you received.

When he walked into the bedroom, he was still indistinctly singing away, flashing a smile when he saw you sitting with crazy bedhead hair.

God, he looked so good after a shower. It was something you'd never be over.

"Morning," you said coyly, trying not to sound weird about what you would tell him, but he could tell something was up.

"Hi," Jungkook remarked with a cocked eyebrow, sliding open the closet door and grabbing a navy blue crewneck sweater.

"So, my ex-boyfriend texted me," you said sheepishly, avoiding his gaze.

"U-jin?!" his eyes widened, the towel on his waist nearly slipping from his hand. "That jerk?! I'll beat his ass."

You waved your hand, indicating a hell no. "No, not him. Gross. The one before him."

"Baby, how many boyfriends did you have before me?" he joked.

Honestly, he didn't care. You could have had a string of guys, but he wanted to be your last - hopefully.

"Stop--I didn't have that many. Kenji is an ex from college."

You never needed to explain your past to Jungkook, nor did he bother to ask. You'd tell him if he was curious. You were an open book with nothing to hide - well, about men, at least.

"What about him?" he asked, not really caring now that he knew it wasn't U-jin. Then he went back to picking out his outfit for work.

"He said he wanted to catch up."

It was so out of the blue that even you were intrigued by his text. And you were clearly in love with Jungkook, so you didn't see any reason why it would be wrong to see him after all these years.

"Oh, okay," he shrugged. "Go for it."

Your eyebrow quirked up. "You're fine with it?" You thought there would be a bit more pushback from him. You were sad that there wasn't even an ounce of curiosity or jealousy about Kenji.