twelve ~ i do

playlist:brave face ~ haley joelle

Kenji directing your show was one of the best things you could've said yes to, considering how shitty the last few weeks had been.

You supposed his settling down and having kids played a big part in him listening to and supporting your needs and concerns. He appeared to be a completely different person. He wasn't the same man you had known when you were dating. But you weren't surprised when in normal Kenji Hamada fashion, he somehow managed to charm the pants off the ladies on set, including your lead actress.

"Kenji, you're married, and you have a job to do. Don't make me regret choosing you," you warned him, remembering how he got in trouble the last time. You'd think that being married and having children would at least make him stop being such a flirt on set. Perhaps you spoke too soon.

"Baby—I'm just being nice and getting to know my actors and crew," he stated with no care or concern for what happened in the past between you two.

You rolled your eyes at the pet name. Boys will be boys, you suppose. "As long as you don't mess this up, Kenji. This is my big break."

It was finally your time to shine as a showrunner/head writer after years of being a story editor. You were in charge, and everyone worked with you to make your vision for this story a reality. And, while your personal life was in shambles, your professional life was improving.

You've truly missed the hustle and bustle of a production set, and it would be a welcome distraction from everything happening between you and Jungkook. You paused for a moment, watching everyone running around, setting up the last shot for the day. You were thankful it was an easy day on set so far.

Everything was in order. Budget–Check. Casting–Check. Shooting Location–Check. Although all of the episode drafts had been approved, you wanted one more person's opinion, being the perfectionist you were. The only problem was that you had to find her.

Hyunie, your go-to gal, had been MIA since her trip to see Taehyung, as usual, but you were determined to drag her back to work with you. You weren't sure if she was avoiding your calls because she knew what you'd say or if she was genuinely busy—most likely shacking up with Taehyung. But you understood. You'd been there before, completely smitten.

You'd texted her several times and left dozens of voicemails, but nothing came back. You made a house call because you were tired of her not answering, and you brought her favorite cheesecake as a peace offering. You'd heard through the writer's grapevine that she'd returned from her quick trip, so now was your chance. It was either now or never.

You were hoping that as you waltzed up the stairs to her apartment, the cheesecake would be enticing enough for her to agree to work on this project. You couldn't rely on another writer to help you sustain your vision and back you up completely.

You had told her of your visit, like the good friends you were, but she had never responded. You argued that her phone was dead or that she had changed her number because she was tired of your calls and messages. Regardless, Hyunie had the chance to respond.

You stood in front of her door, trying to recall the keypad code. Is this her birthday? Nine, five, zero, two, two, zero. When you heard the lock whirring, you smiled. You quietly pushed the door open to find several pairs of shoes in the entryway and open containers of takeout food as you walked toward the kitchen. Staring at the food, it was already cold, so someone had to be home.

You were drawn in by the light whimpering. It was coming from the corridor. Did Hyunie end her relationship with Taehyung? Was she already seeing someone else?