nineteen ~ together again

a/n:

a/n:

y'all, we're getting closer and closer to the ending :( :( there's one last chapter and an epilogue. T_T i'm sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out. i was stuck on it for the longest time bc ya know, i suuuuck at writing seggsy things, but i hope y'all enjoy it anyway. there were a few words left for me to use, so you'll see them in bold (we also have one more line, but we'll save that until the end hehe. iykyk). and as always, please like this chapter, scream/comment (or not) at me, send me asks (on tumblr, if you're too shy to leave comments here). i love any and all interaction with this story. i hope you're all doing well. i love you all my TIU darlings <3

~ Three weeks later ~

The Netflix meeting in LA was a bust, but you wouldn't let it bring you down. At least Kenji was courteous enough to call you and apologize about his friend. He thought he was doing you a favor but hadn't realized how slimy Zach was.

The brunch tradition continued with Hyunie, Tae, and Yoongi, but this time, Hyunie didn't want to host and suggested going out. You didn't mind at all. It would be nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

And as usual, the married couple was running late. You greeted Yoongi, taking a seat beside him. His hair had grown a significant amount since you last saw him. It suited him well, you thought.

"Nice ring," he said, gawking at the diamond-encrusted jewelry on your fourth finger.

You still needed to get used to it—sometimes, you forgot you had it on. "Oh, thanks," you mumbled, tucking your hand underneath your thigh. This was the first time you saw Yoongi since leaving for LA, and you were sure he would crack down on what happened.

"I'm guessing you didn't want to live with the 'what ifs' and called lover boy." He smirked, and a light chuckle left his lips. Honestly, he called it—knew you couldn't resist, was too lovesick over him just to give up so easily.

"Actually, I didn't call him. We kind of just—found each other." And you weren't lying! You didn't reach out to him, had no idea you'd bump into him.

Yoongi holds the butter knife upright in his hand, pushing the tip into the blush pink napkin. "Found each other, huh?" he said with disbelief laced in his tone as he looked at you.

You hummed in agreement when your eyes met his. He slowly nodded, not believing a word coming out of your mouth.

"What?" you asked, annoyed at your friend.

He shrugged, putting the butter knife down. "I didn't say anything."

You deadpanned. "You didn't have to. Your face said it all."

Before your LA trip, you were wavering between what to do and ultimately decided not to call Jungkook. It wasn't your fault you happened to be at the same hotel at the same time. One might call it destiny.