Chapter 59

Dear Adrian,

If you're reading this now, it must mean that I'm not... alive anymore. I applied precautions but perhaps I went ahead of myself. And I want you to know that I am solely responsible for this.

I write this now in the middle of Monday night. I just heard you through the recorder I'd fitted inside the unicorn. And you know what? I cried along with you. I've never heard you sound so broken, so in pain and I realized I wasn't the only one hurting. You were hurting just as much as I was, if not more. At least I could put the blame on you all the while you were blaming yourself.

Adrian, I fear what you might be going through now. If... if I did not make it out alive somehow, I know you're going to blame yourself- which is probably what you're doing right now. But I need you to know that you aren't at fault for this. The only culprit is this person who started the whole thing, and I hope he is paying for his crimes now. I know everything now, Adrian. I fitted the recorder inside the unicorn because I had to know. My heart needed that final confirmation that you betrayed me, because it just wasn't ready to accept that. I heard everything you said to Nate and I only wished that you had told me.

You were probably right in assuming I wouldn't have taken the news well. You thought I might have reacted without thinking since the person killed my parents, and I might have. But, Adrian, you would have been there to stop me. You would've been there to warn me of the consequences. And I would've listened to you. I'd always have listened.

But I don't hold you against that. You wanted to tell me but respected my grandfather's wish. I just want to knock the both of you over your heads for that. But what's done is done. I have managed to track this person down with the help of Jason Reyes and some of his employees. I don't know who it is yet but I'll know it by tomorrow- I mean later today. I have asked Leah to send the transaction history to Nate and the cops in case you are arrested before that. I just hope everything went according to my plan and that me being dead is the only mishap that occurred.

Adrian, I know now that you didn't mean what you said that day. And I hope you know that I didn't mean what I said either. I don't regret meeting you again. In fact, these last few months with you- even before our relationship- have been the most beautiful moments of my life. I don't remember ever being as happy as I was when I was with you. Now I don't care that I didn't get my memories back- the new memories I made with you are the ones I will cherish forever, I'll take them with me even when I'm gone.

I worry for Eva a lot. She has only had me to lean on besides our grandparents. I have been with her as both, her mother and father and she fears losing me like we lost our parents. I know she isn't going to take this well. She is a strong girl, who has endured so much, but I fear that my loss would be her breaking point. The very thought makes me more afraid than death itself. So I want to ask you for a favor, Adrian. Can you... can you look after her after I've gone? She needs someone to tell her that she can go through it, that she's strong and you're the only one she might listen to. I know I'm asking a lot of you even after everything you have done but please, can you do this for me?

I worry about my grandparents as well- Gramps especially. Just like you, I know he will blame himself for everything. They might not take well to losing their granddaughter like they lost their daughter. I want you to tell them it would be alright and tell him it wasn't his fault.

And the company, Eva's, you can do what you wish with it. I had built it as fulfilling dad's wish and for Eva since she loves designing. But I've come to realize that she wouldn't be able to run the company. Her expertise is in designing beautiful clothes, not arguing with the board members and attending meetings. It would be unfair for her if I have her run the company. I'm sure you'll do the right thing by it. Whatever you do with it, I have no problem because I know you won't do anything wrong. As for Eva, she is the best designer in this whole world even when she has just joined college. She will be able to support herself and make a name for herself. You'll just have to help her realise her worth.