Chapter 25

Hey people! *waves a skeleton* And vampires and werewolves and witches and ghosts and zombies and creepy pumpkins! How you doing? *swats away a witch flying on a broomstick* So... I've been feeling this Halloween vibes since the whole week and these monsters *ducks in time to prevent a pumpkin thrown by one of the monsters* uhmm... these non-human fellows have been invading my mind. *blocks the mind link* Anyways, wish you a cool and creepy Halloween! XD. Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye! *trying to get rid of the cobwebs tangled in the hair.*

It was exactly 8:30 on Monday morning when I received a package containing fresh blueberry muffin and a cup of takeaway hot chocolate with a note that said:

Mission: Friendship... contd.

Current progress: 10%?

#Bribe2.1: Internationally renowned, hot, sexy and unbelievably dashing Adrian Stone wishes you a tasty good morning with your favorite tasty delights. Accept this delicious blueberry muffin and mouthwatering hot chocolate as a small bribe for the above mission. I hope your day goes great. ;)

I rolled my eyes at the note. Guess he forgot to add immensely modest to his list of attributes, I thought dryly. Even though, I couldn't help but smile at this gesture as heavenly smell of blueberry muffin filled my nose.

I took a bite of the muffin and found myself wondering if that was what people called 'a slice of heaven'. It sure tasted like one. The hot chocolate was even better. It tasted better than any hot chocolate I'd ever tasted before. The taste seemed somewhat familiar to me, like I'd tasted it sometime a long ago. I shook the thought away. That was not possible. Maybe I'm going nuts.

I finished them quickly, pouting a little when I eyed the now empty cup of hot chocolate. Maybe I could blackmail Adrian to tell me where he bought these from, I mused.

Just then, Leah walked inside, eyeing the package with a knowing look in her eyes. It just occurred to me that she must be the one to deliver it on my desk, as she was only the one who had a direct access to my office. She must've let the delivery guy inside.

I made a mental note to ask her about that later but right now, I had an important meeting with one of the silk importing companies. Leah informed me that they were already settled in the conference room so I quickly collected my necessities and walked towards it with her trailing behind me.

***

"If we are to have this deal, I need 20% shares on the profit. No less."

I raised my eyebrows at the blonde, middle aged man sitting to my right. From what I'd deducted so far, Christopher Peterson was one cunning and greedy human being. The man had been dropping hints as to why Eva's was in need of his company more than the other way round and I was getting irritated by this.

"I refuse. Like I said, you'll only have 15% of the profit, and that's final. Mr. Peterson, you and I both know which one of us has the upper hand here and let's not forget that, alright? If you want the deal, we'll do it my way, that is 15%. If not, you might as well leave." I stated and saw his face turn red with rage.