Chapter 3

That night was the hardest. Having to leave your precious daughter in the hands of the awful man so you could teach wizards. You missed muggle daycare. His smile made you want to cry as soon as you saw him.

You ran out of his house and apparated onto school grounds.you headed to your private quarters and immediately went to sleep in tears. You awoke feeling exhausted and as if you didn't get a moment of sleep.

You rolled out of bed not wanting to do anything. Beginning your daily routine to kick start your day. You thought of your baby in that monsters house. Him making his little angel breakfast just as you made yourself sit at the professor's table in the great hall. His eyes bright at the wonder of his creation.

Severus rested a hand on yours in a comforting way. He could tell something was off as you pushed around the food on your plate. He reached into your head and pulled out quickly to get your attention with looking at anything.

You ok? The new students are arriving! He tries to pull you from your thoughts with his own. You nodded and sat up straighter. A group of small kids comes in with Minerva. A chair is set up at the front of the great hall. When the sorting hat was placed atop the first students head he yelled out "HUFFLEPUFF!"Then he continued to call out houses as the group thinned out.

A small Ravenclaw girl caught your eye. She looked just like Wendy. Her brown locks falling around her face beautifully. Her figure small but prominent. Severus caught you staring at the girl. He leaned over and whispered "Do you know her? The Ravenclaw girl."

"Not yet. She just looks like an older version of Wendy." You sniffled trying to hold back your emotions. "I miss her dearly already."

Severus squeezed your hand lightly and let go to finish his meal. His hand hand been cold on yours. When it was removed heat rushed back to wear it had sat on yours. You smiled at him and he nodded back.

When he had cleared his plate he patted your leg and motioned for you two to leave. You hadn't eaten a bite of your food. Your mind being too busy to allow it. You followed behind him to his classroom.

He shut the door behind you. You carefully glanced around the room that still hadn't changed after all these years. You walked in between the desks trailing your fingers over your old desk.

Memories flood your head:

Professor Snape is so mad! I just got one step wrong!

Why is the dungeon bat staring at me and Dane? We aren't even holding hands today.

I love how his eyes sparkle when he's proud.

I can't fail potions! I need to break up with Dane. He's no good for me.

I wonder if Snape would come to my future wedding? He seems to like me more than all the other students. Maybe I'm his favorite student.

Ugh I hate when he steals my doodles I draw in his class.

Severus's hand found your shoulder pulling you from your memories of all the thoughts from your youth.

"It's been quite a long time. Hasn't it?" He asked softly.

"Yes, it has been. I forgot about all the memories I had here. It was interesting to remember them."

"Speaking of which how is Dane? I assume you two are still together." Your face fell but your back was turned to him. "You two were always off together getting into trouble if I remember correctly." A sound escaped your lips welcoming the tears to fall.

"He has my baby." You cried out softly. Severus froze at the sound of your sobs. He didn't know whether to comfort you, or dismiss you to go deal with your emotions before the class arrived.